2008: The Year In Review

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Stew Ingredient

2008: The Year In Review

Postby Wellpisser » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Ahead of the Stewbie nominations, what have been your highlights? I must say that I have been disappointed at the level of flounce achieved this year-the outstanding Soda v Ian feud aside.

How was the year on the Stew for you?

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Re: 2008: The Year In Review

Postby Felix » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Wellpisser wrote:How was the year on the Stew for you?

Started out with barely any activity from me, since I was living in paradise. Came home, waited until nearly halfway through the year to be admitted to the bar, killed time here. Continued up to now, when not doing Great Deeds.

Soda's flounce was big news, yes. Turd and toga both returned, late in the year. Piel! continued to be Stew mascot, candy is still disgusted, Polardude's fingers deteriorated further.

Pretty dull year here, all in all.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:53 pm

I had a great Stew Year. Met some interesting people in real life, saw some interesting discussions, and even had a "fued" which became legendary.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Instigator

Postby cuchulainn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm happy to see that T_ga has returned and met Mali.

Likewise, although Termite is sorely missed, Aussie Bob seems to have picked up the torch and posts very similarly to Termite.

Definitely my favorite new poster of 2008.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Felix wrote:Pretty dull year here, all in all.

Except for the part where I started posting in here and brought sunshine to your life...

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:15 pm

bequibar wrote:Except for the part where I started posting in here and brought sunshine to your life...

You're Stevie Wonder!

FACT.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:16 pm

bequibar wrote:
Felix wrote:Pretty dull year here, all in all.

Except for the part where I started posting in here and brought sunshine to your life...

That goes without saying.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm still waiting for a very long PM from the two of you, in fact.

Stew Ingredient

Postby LayAbout » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:18 pm

It has been going well since April. The longest any of my handles have ever lasted on here.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:19 pm

bequibar wrote:I'm still waiting for a very long PM from the two of you, in fact.

I was just feeling sheepish about that. I'll drop you a line on Facebook tonight, promise. Soon, I need to head out and accomplish something for the day.

What Stew Talking About Willis?

Postby Ryan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Quieter but much of the discussion has been more interesting than in the past, with less cartoonish mud slinging.

A better board.

I myself have raised my profile from non-existent to (very) vague recognition...
Science flies you to the moon.

Religion flies you into buildings.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Most interesting poster of the year: Obviously that nod goes to me.

Sharing my trials and tribulations in overcoming drug addiction was the true defining moment of 2008. That's the stuff that makes the Stew "real". You could post with people for years and not know a thing about them. My upfront and personal dialogue with the board has ushered in a new "reality" to the board that delivers a more brash and brazen account that would make Diablo Cody blush.

All in all a quiet year but the anti-mod uprising was good for some entertainment.

There is one issue that has stuck out this year and that has to do with the length of service a mod should be allowed. I think one of the burning issues that has plagued this board for the past 7-8 months is the eric and pez issue.

Both have been at the helm of the mod room for quite some time and they are both suffering from a bit of rot in their decision making skills.

2009 should start off on the right foot with both of them stepping down and letting other members offer a fresh new perspective to the board. It's time. They both served the Stew well but their is something inherently creepy about a couple of people who will not relinquich control of their mod status under any circumstances.

And the fact that they are zapping threads that offer the community a certain entertainment value show me that they have completely lost the vision and foresight needed to mod this place.

They have both served the community well. And as the United States sits at the dawn of a new age under the leadership of Barack Obama I think it would be fitting for the Stew to look for new Leadership.
Haters wanna hate.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Felix wrote:
bequibar wrote:I'm still waiting for a very long PM from the two of you, in fact.

I was just feeling sheepish about that. I'll drop you a line on Facebook tonight, promise. Soon, I need to head out and accomplish something for the day.

Surely you should feel more sheepish about actually sending such a PM?

I would.
another scotch wetbrain

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:31 pm

Same shit different year.
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Who are you people?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Best New Poster 2008:

Well....we've seen milton and Ryan develop a strong presence on the board. On the ball is an up and comer. We'll have to hammer this one out at the Stewby Awards.

Thread of the Year:

I'd definitely nominate the picture thread as one of the best threads of the year. I think we all grew a little closer in that thread. We could see the human side of each other and that is always good when fostering strong relationships.

Best Villian:

Antieverything. One of the darkest villains to ever grace the Stew. Tina manages to elicit a lot of hatred. To achieve this award you have to be able to unite many posters, who would normally be at odds with each other, against you. Tina excels at drawing out posters inner rage.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks scott

I try my very best to alienate and anger people. I think I have been particularly on form these last few weeks.

I'm kinda wondering which way 2009 should go - stop at nothing batshit crazy or a sweet as apple pie with a cheeky twinkle in my eye. I;m kind of thinking the second because it will wrong foot so many of the hopeless twats on here.

A big change is coming - its just become too easy. Fuck - I can post anything and I can 50 posts within an hour. I just dont think people can accept what a debt of gratitude they owe me. Know what I mean?

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:Best New Poster 2008:

Well....we've seen milton and Ryan develop a strong presence on the board. On the ball is an up and comer. We'll have to hammer this one out at the Stewby Awards.

But they're not new.

I'M NEW!

Nominate ME!

I think I should start a very active self-promotion campaign.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:44 pm

You have no wit, Tuna - it's just crass and vulgar jackassery with you. When Bash was being naughty, he was an excellent villain. Disruptive, creative, and treacherous. Even the Duck is better in that role than you. You, on the other hand, are as predictable as my wristwatch, yet somewhat less articulate.

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm

For best new poster, let's see what joined in 2008, who aren't new 'old' members, aren't trolls and have a decent number of posts behind them:

Agent009, BFK, ToadBrother, Default, bequibar, Redsales, Chihiro, gabz, dairyflat, midnight bitch, phyrra, OnTheBall, snowgirl, fudgy and islandboi.

They should assemble their respective campaign teams immediately.
Last edited by i_have_shiny_shoes on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Biggest Loss of Influence by a Poster:

Soda lost a lot of his status on the baseball thread. In a way it was like watching a drunk trying to desperately land a blow in a street fight. After that it was all down hill in the Ian-Soda Saga of 2008. The revelation of soda's true identity, that was plastered all over the net, was like Toto pulling back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz.

Once considered to be a knowledgeable, well informed poster, soda unraveled at record speed and decided to "flounce" before the flames got any closer. The soda gangbang of 2008 was almost to much to watch at times. Quality Stew material.

But...we also have to consider the Turd when we talk about losing influence.

Turd was once a heralded as one of the true Stew champions of the left. Sometimes cartoonish...sometimes uncontrollable....the Turd has dropped a couple notches since returning back to the Stew under the Aussie Bob handle. Unable to post under his known handle Turd has turned into a true abortion and has lost the last remaining shred of dignity.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Felix wrote:You have no wit, Tuna - it's just crass and vulgar jackassery with you. When Bash was being naughty, he was an excellent villain. Disruptive, creative, and treacherous. Even the Duck is better in that role than you. You, on the other hand, are as predictable as my wristwatch, yet somewhat less articulate.

See what I mean Scott? The bitter needy twat cant resist. Of course he still has time to take the piss out of your battle with drugs.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:56 pm

i_have_shiny_shoes wrote:For best new poster, let's see what joined in 2008, who aren't new 'old' members, aren't trolls and have a decent number of posts behind them:

Agent009, BFK, ToadBrother, Default, bequibar, Redsales, Chihiro, gabz, dairyflat, midnight bitch, phyrra, OnTheBall, snowgirl, fudgy and islandboi.

I need a team?

Dayam.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Felix wrote:You have no wit, Tuna - it's just crass and vulgar jackassery with you. When Bash was being naughty, he was an excellent villain. Disruptive, creative, and treacherous. Even the Duck is better in that role than you. You, on the other hand, are as predictable as my wristwatch, yet somewhat less articulate.

He certainly seems to have failed to get under your skin.

Try harder, anti! You're just not cutting it!
another scotch wetbrain

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

mutha is fixing
Haters wanna hate.

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 pm

bequibar wrote:
i_have_shiny_shoes wrote:For best new poster, let's see what joined in 2008, who aren't new 'old' members, aren't trolls and have a decent number of posts behind them:

I need a team?

Dayam.

If you can run a national campaign on your own, covering communications, strategy, internal polling, damage-avoidance, press and get out the vote and more besides, I think you should add that to the slew of reasons you've proposed in the other thread make you the best poster, shortened to - 'Most economical, greenest campaign team'.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:01 pm

i_have_shiny_shoes wrote:If you can run a national campaign on your own, covering communications, strategy, internal polling, damage-avoidance, press and get out the vote and more besides, I think you should add that to the slew of reasons you've proposed in the other thread make you the best poster, shortened to - 'Most economical, greenest campaign team'.

You're giving me a headache.

Can you run my campaign? I'll just smile and wave...

*grin*

*wave*

*kiss baby*

*wave*

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:01 pm

bequibar wrote:I need a team?

Dayam.

I could be your campaign manager if you would like. Its bound to work out well.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

mutha is fixing
another scotch wetbrain

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Most Sexually Ambiguous Poster of the Year and Truman Capote Award goes to:

IHSS.

IHSS sexuality has always been clouded in mystery. Gay...Straight...or possibly Bi....Shiny has managed to muddy the water even more in 2008.

His repeated threads about moving to Japan to start a new life were littered with hints of a Asian love interest whose sexual orientation and gender were always in question.

Will Shiny cum clean in 09?

The Baio Report will keep you posted.
Last edited by Scott_Baio on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haters wanna hate.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
bequibar wrote:I need a team?

Dayam.

I could be your campaign manager if you would like. Its bound to work out well.

Hi there!

I don't know you. Will you hurt my chances?

Then again, it's never too late to get to know you. It only takes some flirting before I feel comfortable around strangers.

So... *flips hair* How you doin'?

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 pm

Scotts on fire.

You can almost hear him on a TV awards show.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 pm

You'd have no chance with Anti in your corner, but it would be so worth it.

LOL
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:06 pm

Scott - you're so very knowledgeable.

Now, talk about me.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:07 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:You'd have no chance with Anti in your corner, but it would be so worth it.

LOL

OYE !!!!

hehehe

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm

bequibar wrote:So... *flips hair* How you doin'?

how YOOOUUU doin'?

I like this one. Lets keep him. Whose behind the handle?

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:Most Sexually Ambiguous Poster of the Year and Truman Capote Award goes to:

IHSS.

IHSS sexuality has always been clouded in mystery. Gay...Straight...or possibly Bi....Shiny has managed to muddy the water even more in 2008.

His repeated threads about moving to Japan to start a new life were littered with hints of a Asian love interest whose sexual orientation and gender were always in question.

Will Shiny cum clean in 09?

The Baio Report will keep you posted.

That just made me laugh out loud.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:10 pm

All volunteers are welcome.

Come to my campaign headquarters: http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67980

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:10 pm

The Dark Horse Poster of the Year Award:

It's a three way toss up between islandboi, mothership, and salmonid.

The Dark Horse Award goes to posters who consistently fly under the Stew radar but consistently deliver quality posts.

These posters are often seen as quiet, shy, or in some cases...down right unnoticeable...but when they do decide to post they deliver some decent discussion and foster good debate.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Vince » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 pm

Without doubt Shoes's performance during the US election deserves a gong of some kind. He may be a pompous twat but he is ridiculously talented in the farting-around-on-the-net stakes.
"Do you ski?"
"Do I look like I can ski you fuckhead, I can barely walk."

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:13 pm

Scotty - I've meant to ask for a while.. what is it about the (no doubt heroic) Scott Baio/Chachi that inspired you to compliment him by using his name and photo?
another scotch wetbrain

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Vince wrote:Without doubt Shoes's performance during the US election deserves a gong of some kind. He may be a pompous twat but he is ridiculously talented in the farting-around-on-the-net stakes.

seconded - put the americans to shame with his encyclopedic knowledge. A great asset to the board.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:18 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
Vince wrote:Without doubt Shoes's performance during the US election deserves a gong of some kind. He may be a pompous twat but he is ridiculously talented in the farting-around-on-the-net stakes.

seconded - put the americans to shame with his encyclopedic knowledge. A great asset to the board.

And a genuinely nice fellow.
another scotch wetbrain

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Creepiest Poster of the Year:

Creepiest poster of the year goes to that certain poster who delivers a chill up your spine whenever you read his posts (and yes...it's almost invariably a male poster).

This years nominees are Zaffer, q5q and with a late, December entry with his Asian school girl thread....Geodaddy.

1)Zaffer's relentless posts about his step-daughter were littered with sexual innuendo and graphic details. Shouting at the top of his lungs that he wanted to "anally penetrate" his step-daughter shot a chill up my spine that would make John Wayne Gacy flinch.

--Honorable mention goes to Zaffer being set on fire by his mother in law. The question still remains...can you blame her?

2) When q5q gets a little tipsy on some of the Devils Brew we all get that "feeling". It's that Spidey-sense that you get when that tall white guy approaches you on the street wearing a trecnh coat without pants.

3) And last but not least Geodaddy. With an end of the year creep-fest of a post that included an Asian fetish and school girls. Who could forget this masterpiece? The mental image of a Geo panting over a poor Asian girl trying to get to school was reminiscent of Ted Bundy in his hey-day.
Haters wanna hate.

foxy little minx

Postby bequibar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Uhm yeah, that's all very interesting, but let's explore the ways I lit the board up in 2008.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:23 pm

milton wrote:And a genuinely nice fellow.

Yep. You, him and Candy are about the only ones I think I would meet in the curazy place they call reality.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:Creepiest Poster of the Year:

Creepiest poster of the year goes to that certain poster who delivers a chill up your spine whenever you read his posts (and yes...it's almost invariably a male poster).

This years nominees are Zaffer, q5q and with a late, December entry with his Asian school girl thread....Geodaddy.

1)Zaffer's relentless posts about his step-daughter were littered with sexual innuendo and graphic details. Shouting at the top of his lungs that he wanted to "anally penetrate" his step-daughter shot a chill up my spine that would make John Wayne Gacy flinch.

--Honorable mention goes to Zaffer being set on fire by his mother in law. The question still remains...can you blame her?

2) When q5q gets a little tipsy on some of the Devils Brew we all get that "feeling". It's that Spidey-sense that you get when that tall white guy approaches you on the street wearing a trecnh coat without pants.

3) And last but not least Geodaddy. With an end of the year creep-fest of a post that included an Asian fetish and school girls. Who could forget this masterpiece? The mental image of a Geo panting over a poor Asian girl trying to get to school was reminiscent of Ted Bundy in his hey-day.

This deserves saving. Scott I'm literally lol'ing.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Scotty - I've meant to ask for a while.. what is it about the (no doubt heroic) Scott Baio/Chachi that inspired you to compliment him by using his name and photo?

Baio is an American icon. Love him or hate him he's ingrained in the American psyche.

I'm just waiting for the triumphant return of Baio in Hollywood. I'd love to see him in a Tarantino movie and return to the big screen ala John Travolta in Pulp Fiction.

At the time...back in 2001...I think I just wanted to have a handle that incorporated a sense of "kitschy cheese."

Baio it is.
Haters wanna hate.

Next

Return to Famous Dishes