Deathship = Btraven???

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Stew Ingredient
Location: Bay Area -- SF, CA (Don't even think of calling it 'Frisco.')

Postby Wilster » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:04 am

leelee wrote:you won.

no he did not return to write any response.

the others are just bickering amongst themselves as usual.

Not me, I'm an avid fan of both btragic and geo; I am still enthusiastically waiting for another rumble, perhaps in this very thread. C'mon guys, make it happen!
My moniker is Wilster. How is my posting? If you no like, write suggestions down intelligibly on paper and then...burn it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby leelee » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:18 am

well, obviously not everyone's bickering in here, but there's a lot of it going on in here. :wink:

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:14 am

He won?

This was another of the extroadinary social collisions that you find only on the impolite internet.

And to be declared winner by whom? lee-who the fuck-lee and Chachi, the reformed drug addict?

These are hardly prehistoric giants of TP-dom who loom large in any discussion of anything at all pertaining to our little bubble world.

It would be sweet to hear how they feel about our dadaistic collage, alas it's not to be. Cats and the benefits of quitting Vicodin addictions are all we hear.

But I think it's touching and quite sensitive that everyone indulged in this.

I'll bet you are all likewise very sweet when the really queeny guy in the office goes on and on about his girlfriend who's always mysteriously out of town. Like that sad closet case, the fact is that ultimately we don't care if he is or isn't.

My only disappointment?

That this thread didn't go on for longer. I was hoping 1000+ replies.
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby candy is dandy but... » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:03 am

No cigar.
I want my fucking money back

Irish Stew

Postby purplegemini » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:44 am

Okay, I got 4 pages in and lost the will to continue.

Can anyone fill me in?
Blah blah blah

Modern Leftits

Postby equus » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:09 am

purplegemini wrote:Okay, I got 4 pages in and lost the will to continue.

Can anyone fill me in?

In very brief:

Geo rented Btraven's apartment a couple of years back at mates rates
Btraven posted some statements about Geo ripping him off re said deal, and generally behaving poorly.
Geo posted an email exchange proving Btraven made it up (that's on page 5, so you almost got there).
Btraven didn't come back.
The other 700 odd replies are people doing what stewers normally do. Nothing else much happened of note.
Let no one build walls to divide us
Walls of hatred nor walls of stone
Come greet the dawn and stand beside us
We'll live together or we'll die alone

Stew Ingredient

Postby Oracle_Jones » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Oarsum thread!!!

douche impulse thruster

Postby Sgt. Hulka » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:06 pm

Are you related to Basketball Jones?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Oracle_Jones » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:07 pm

His nephew.

Stew Ingredient

Postby rider5 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 pm

candy is dandy but... wrote:No cigar.

Really? You have extraordinary powers then.

Stew Ingredient

Postby leelee » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Poo has spoken. :lol:

Stew Ingredient

Postby candy is dandy but... » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:12 pm

rider5 wrote:
candy is dandy but... wrote:No cigar.

Really? You have extraordinary powers then.

I amuse even myself.

douche impulse thruster

Postby Sgt. Hulka » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:
Where's Scottie to fill us in on why he detests felix so much?

I actually got busy at work and forgot about it.

I should get on it.

Well? We're waaaaiting.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:10 am

He won?

This was another of the extroadinary social collisions that you find only on the impolite internet.

And to be declared winner by whom? lee-who the fuck-lee and Chachi, the reformed drug addict?

These are hardly prehistoric giants of TP-dom who loom large in any discussion of anything at all pertaining to our little bubble world.

It would be sweet to hear how they feel about our dadaistic collage, alas it's not to be. Cats and the benefits of quitting Vicodin addictions are all we hear.

But I think it's touching and quite sensitive that everyone indulged in this.

I'll bet you are all likewise very sweet when the really queeny guy in the office goes on and on about his girlfriend who's always mysteriously out of town. Like that sad closet case, the fact is that ultimately we don't care if he is or isn't.

A faux btraven response.

Nice touch.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby GeoDaddy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:47 am

Btraven posted some statements about Geo ripping him off re said deal, and generally behaving poorly.
Geo posted an email exchange proving Btraven made it up (that's on page 5, so you almost got there).

Seems like a good sum up!

The only thing that was left dangling in the wind was "why" BTraven came out with this personal attck when I thought we left off... amicably, if not necessarily "friends" (simply because I don't have meny friends)

I'll post a poll and see if there is any real interest... if there is an overriding reason I should just drop it ('can't think of one) OR, if Btraven is still lurking and he simply wants to call it quits and let by gones be bye-bye gones.

In any case, it just iis a good reminder why one should keep one's emails in this Age of the Internet LIFO factoids.

g

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:16 am

GeoDaddy wrote:

Seems like a good sum up!

The only thing that was left dangling in the wind was "why" BTraven came out with this personal attck when I thought we left off... amicably, if not necessarily "friends" (simply because I don't have meny friends)

I'm shocked

I'll post a poll and see if there is any real interest... if there is an overriding reason I should just drop it ('can't think of one) OR, if Btraven is still lurking and he simply wants to call it quits and let by gones be bye-bye gones.

In any case, it just iis a good reminder why one should keep one's emails in this Age of the Internet LIFO factoids.

g

Well said.

so, will this be a 1,000 posts?

Stew Ingredient

Postby GeoDaddy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:39 am

Maybe I can sum this up for less than a 1,000?

I remember walking back to Casa de Btraven one cold January night. Eric was back to Delaware for the weekend. I had just completed my 2nd week of working (after just under two years of not working) and I had to take the PATH to the Subway to a bus out to Paramus... and back. And that night, it was blizzard conditions, so the NJ Transit Bus Driver just decided to skip the end of the route and I had to hike ten blocks thru the snow to get to the next bus stop....

And you know what...

I was happy. I was happy to be working again. I was happy that I could slip back into the work that I had grown to enjoy (afterall, several of my long time consultant friends were never able to get back in the game, after being out for too long... and they aren't working today in IT.) I kinda felt like I had paid my dues and I was getting some good luck thrown my way - namely by being far more aware of what a priviledge it is to work at someting you enjoy doing.

And there was Casa de BTraven, cold, tall, a castle so remote from my experience that I couldn't have lived there - had I been able to afford such a lodging. It was inaapropriate and temporary and meaningless in my Life - like one of those hotels I stayed at (before I realized I felt much more comfortable in a simple one room hostel in the P.I.) My re-assertion of my skills would never be "stable" again... they would always be as transferable and commoditized as those of a landscaper or "painter" - and that I would have to come up with another plan... a better plan!

And, that cold night walking (slipping) the last few steps to the Castle, I accepted the fact that Life itself is transitory, non-permanent... rented (regardless the "deal") and that one simply has to roll with the punches and keep trudging onwards.

g

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:47 am

purplegemini wrote:Can anyone fill me in?

Would love to but I'm a happily married man
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

Stew Ingredient

Postby BulletPark » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:20 am

purplegemini wrote:Okay, I got 4 pages in and lost the will to continue.

You misspelled "live."

Stew Ingredient

Postby UrbanII » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:10 am

GeoDaddy wrote:Maybe I can sum this up for less than a 1,000?
And there was Casa de BTraven, cold, tall, a castle so remote from my experience that I couldn't have lived there - had I been able to afford such a lodging. It was inaapropriate and temporary and meaningless in my Life

Like I said, fucking ungrateful....
Paul Revere's warning about the British invasion: "The Beatles are coming, The Beatles are coming!"

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:04 am

I see Chachi is still seeing faux-Btravens everywhere.

Meanwhile, I'm in Staten Island, planning on going out to a tiki-themed cantonese restaurant for rummy drink in a skull mug tomorrow. They also do the showbizzy hicbachi thing there. Then it's over to Bayonne to buy you know what.

Anyway, I just looked in here and that idiot's posting of imaginary Btraven emails still reeks of hilarious chest-beating indignation ect, but for me, at least, the amusement factor has fallen through the floor.

I find the stress level high here in the bosom of insane my virtual friends and family. Some think I am getting hammered online by insane fighting of the Viginia Wolf (as in 'who's afraid of') flavor. I've had my luggage tossed on to the lawns of two different houses, and seen a buffet table overturned on fire island. But this is worse. Geo's posting of the 'emails was like he just threw a saki bottle against the wall to emulate a scene from a Quentin Tarrentino movie.

Should I revisit the scene of his 'victory?

For me it's very much a love/hate thing. I don't like doing it, but I feel better for having done it. But the Btraven-character (only loosely related to the person typing this), feels like wandering out for coffee and never coming back- like I did during my sole creative writing class- because of his betrayal and desire for one-upmanship.

Who cares what Geodaddy the internet phenomena posts in the ass end of cyber-nowhere?
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Collateral Knowledge » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:26 am

Piel! wrote:Who cares what Geodaddy the internet phenomena posts in the ass end of cyber-nowhere?

Well it's evidently gotten to you, 'Piel'...
21 minutes of adventure!

Modern Leftits

Postby equus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:18 am

'Piel!' wrote:that idiot's posting of imaginary Btraven emails

riiiight.
Let no one build walls to divide us
Walls of hatred nor walls of stone
Come greet the dawn and stand beside us
We'll live together or we'll die alone

Stew Ingredient

Postby Redsales » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:28 pm

The whole deal draws me back to the guy at the pub with the lower lip like a ledge on the Grand Canyon who monologues at the 3PM hour.

You cannot be a spectator or a participant. You have to be a little of both.

He gets up on his pedestal, when he can stand, and rants. Picture a Euro-Chachi, but without all the "wow!" inflections dribbling out of his mouth.

It's hard to pinpoint the actual words between all the slurring.

But, my point is: you have to walk the edge. Or maybe the ledge. That upper lip thing again. Because if you look at him (hence: a participant), he's in your face all of a sudden, blaring about the National Health or Man U or whatever the topic du jour is. But ignoring him is even worse (the spectator). Because this incites a sermon directed at no one in particular but at everyboy in pure decibel wattage.

Maybe its all Feng Shui. That apartment in New Jersey was in the wrong place for good living and good will.

Stew Ingredient

Postby cowtown » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:39 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:43 pm

So YCers, do you like this kind of stuff, are you entertained?

I'm more confused than entertained.

I've read through page 1-12 on the Soda vs. Ian thread back then, and was equally confused.

Stew Ingredient

Postby candy is dandy but... » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Coen Brothers. Steve Buscemi, Jean Reno, Sandra Bernhard.

Stew Ingredient

Postby cowtown » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:02 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:31 pm

I was here for that, but I didn't know what Soda's deal was at all, and why he and Ian don't get along.
To be honest, I don't know why a lot of people don't get along. I don't know the background of Felix's bickering with Anti and AussieBob, and why Moe isn't liked by somebody on here (forgot who), and the same with Zara. I have years of catching up to do..

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:48 pm

EasyElvis wrote:I don't know the background of Felix's bickering with Anti and AussieBob,..

I am racist against chavs.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Stew Ingredient

Postby Marshall » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:53 pm

finally I understand one of Piel's posts - or was it because it wasn't written as a Piel post. I've never really been able to get a handle on multi handling.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Who cares what Geodaddy the internet phenomena posts in the ass end of cyber-nowhere?

I'm gonna take and stab at it here and say.....you.

I see Chachi is still seeing faux-Btravens everywhere.

So this is btraven now? Or maybe it's not?

The real question is...does anyone care about Bee-Bee coming back under another handle?

Not really. You're done here dude.

But it's nice to see that I will always be at the top of your obsession list when it comes to this place. Keep on sputtering idiot.

Anyway, I just looked in here and that idiot's posting of imaginary Btraven emails still reeks of hilarious chest-beating indignation ect, but for me, at least, the amusement factor has fallen through the floor.

Wow. I'm shocked. Btraven came back to tell us how much he doesn't care....again.

You want to talk about worn out schticks? The irony meter just blew off the scale.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby PoliticalExiles » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:10 pm

I have no idea what this thread is about, except to note it's some sort of train wreck involving stewpids. I can't stop myself from posting, however.

So ... how about a rabbit with a pancake hat?

Stew Ingredient

Postby BulletPark » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:46 pm

More a beret than a hat, I would say.

Goat Roper

Postby CatScanMan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Losers.

Stew Ingredient

Postby snowgirl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:27 pm

I would like to second both Elvis and Marshall for their most recent posts (word).

And I give my best post award to...PoliticalExiles for his (or her) "Bunny with a Hat*" picture! Extra points were awarded to PE for her (or his) confession of his (or her) posting compulsion. Many of here appreciate your courage, PE, and share your affliction. Congratulations to all who played.

(*Beret, I mean. Sorry, BP)

Stew Ingredient

Postby AussieBob » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Felix wrote:
EasyElvis wrote:I don't know the background of Felix's bickering with Anti and AussieBob,..

You are a chav felix. No doubt about it, Burberry, coke up your nose, booze problem, lack of dress sense, lack of self awareness, dead end job, narcissistic , history of beating girls up. You got it all chav wise, no wonder you try to project.
Collateral Knowledge: I hope you lose your legs in a car bomb.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Doc » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Piel and redsales can take a bow - if they aren't btraven, they do an uncanny impression of him.
As Aldous Huxley pointed out, "The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human."

Male Prostitute
Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

Postby Fred Garvin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:55 pm

AussieBob wrote:
Felix wrote:

You are a chav felix. No doubt about it, Burberry, coke up your nose, booze problem, lack of dress sense, lack of self awareness, dead end job, narcissistic , history of beating girls up. You got it all chav wise, no wonder you try to project.

You forgot about the clown pants.
americanjoe needs to stop eating fortune cookies - tph24601

Bachelor # 1 looks like he knows how to do laundry, and wipes his ass properly. - Chip_Oatley

Stew Ingredient

Postby AussieBob » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Fred Garvin wrote:
AussieBob wrote:
Felix wrote:

You forgot about the clown pants.

They go without saying.
Collateral Knowledge: I hope you lose your legs in a car bomb.

Stew Ingredient

Postby LayAbout » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:02 pm

I never understood where the clown pants reference comes from.

Was Felix a childrens entertainer at somepoint in the past?

Stew Ingredient

Postby BulletPark » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:11 pm

LayAbout wrote:Was Felix a childrens entertainer at somepoint in the past?

That depends on how you define "child."

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Me neither.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Tomska » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:27 am

EasyElvis wrote:

Me neither.

Clown pants:

Ya mama got a glass eye with a fish in it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Ah, kinda like in Kao San Road. Yuck. But why is the reference being made to Felix? Did he use to wear them? And how come AussieBob knows so much about him when he's a new poster?

And frankly, I find the constant and repetitive accusations like "coke head!", "woman beater!", "molester!" really tiresome. It's getting old.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Tomska » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:09 pm

EasyElvis wrote:Ah, kinda like in Kao San Road. Yuck. But why is the reference being made to Felix? Did he use to wear them? And how come AussieBob knows so much about him when he's a new poster?

Sausage Blob is suspected to be Termite, who has infested this board and TTTP for years. Dunno why the clown pants thing is being applied to Flexi particularly - it always used form part of Argo's dull, repetitive tirades against "plastic hippies".

And frankly, I find the constant and repetitive accusations like "coke head!", "woman beater!", "molester!" really tiresome. It's getting old.

I find almost all the feuding here really tiresome. Men (usually) in their 30s and 40s hurling abuse at each other across the interweb is laughably pathetic.
Ya mama got a glass eye with a fish in it.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:10 pm

EasyElvis wrote:Ah, kinda like in Kao San Road. Yuck. But why is the reference being made to Felix? Did he use to wear them? And how come AussieBob knows so much about him when he's a new poster?

SausageBlog used to be (Comrade) Termite - he's been around these boards for ages. He's a huge fan of Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez, and used to post about them and the Rising Leftist Tide incessantly here. He'd also pretend that he could speak Spanish, and post Babelfish gibberish that made no sense (Piel!).

The best was when he took a backpacking trip through the Internet cafes of South America, and posted photos of himself in clown pants and Che! t-shirts. He had the piss so thoroughly taken out of him that he now uses descriptions of himself as pejoratives for others. I feel bad for the guy - there's never been a more glaring example of self-loathing.

LOS AMERICANOS ENOJADOS ESTAN AQUI!!! PIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:12 pm

See, I didn't know about the whole Termite thing. I've not been on here, or on the Tree long enough.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:23 pm

EasyElvis wrote:See, I didn't know about the whole Termite thing. I've not been on here, or on the Tree long enough.

Termite and meth and kindrid are like the mascots of everything that is retarded about the Stew.

Stew Ingredient

Postby BulletPark » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Tomska wrote:I find almost all the feuding here really tiresome. Men (usually) in their 30s and 40s hurling abuse at each other across the interweb is laughably pathetic.

It's a bit like watching two toilets fight over a shit.

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes