Soda v Ian - The Evidence Thread

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Stew Ingredient

Postby macunaima » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:47 am

Daejn wrote:What a tedious thread. Like two bald men fighting over a comb.

Worth reposting.
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

Stew Ingredient

Postby philzuss » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 am

The only thing that has come out of this is that I now know Sodas real name, place of birth and his web site, a bit like fast fowarding in a movie.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Cogito » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:20 am

Or reading the last page of the book, and realising that there is no point in reading the rest.
ergo... um...

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:14 am

I'm interested in finding out which of the exceptions Soda falls into in the list I provided, and thus prevents him from automatically being granted New Zealand citizenship.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Cogito » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:24 am

Are you sure you mean "interested"?
ergo... um...

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:35 am

Are you sure you mean "interested"?

Absolutely. If one or both of his parents do fall into one or more of those exceptions, it would probably make for an interesting family history and is one I'd like to know more about.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Listener » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:51 am

Soda, what country where you actually born in? Surely that's not something you have a problem divulging?
Dress British, Don't Look Armenian, Think Yiddish.

Stew Ingredient

Postby simon_in_exile » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 am

So shoes - you're basically wondering whether his parents were diplomats, or whether they were part of an invasion force during the ill-fated 1970s okkupation of Chatham Island?

Maybe there are highbrow ethical reasons why he won't accept NZ citizenship? The aversion to whaling and nuclear power would put me right off, for example.

For the record, I was born in a country for which I can't get citizenship.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Listener » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:01 pm

philzuss wrote:The only thing that has come out of this is that I now know Sodas real name, place of birth and his web site, a bit like fast fowarding in a movie.

You do, how?
Dress British, Don't Look Armenian, Think Yiddish.

Stew Ingredient

Postby philzuss » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:09 pm

listener, Soda has left a clue on this site, follow that clue and it all comes together. It takes just a few minutes of searching.

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:09 pm

So shoes - you're basically wondering whether his parents were diplomats, or whether they were part of an invasion force during the ill-fated 1970s okkupation of Chatham Island?

Well, my assumption is that he can't fall under exception 2(b) due to his father being English, and the phrasing (italics my own):

(b) His father and mother were enemy aliens and the birth occurred in a place then under occupation by the enemy.

So his lack of New Zealand citizenship must fall under exception 2(a), which would be that his mother and/or father were diplomats. There would be, as far as I'm aware, no other reason for him to be denied a passport based on his birthplace - provided, of course, that he was born in New Zealand, something that he states quite clearly on his website and which we must assume to be true.

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Not especially, no, but for one it's fantastic watching the Obsessed build assumption upon lie upon misinterpetation to the point where I expect any moment now one will anounce they have proof I am actually part-squirrel.

Not obsession on my part, purely interest. I'm fairly sure I haven't lied or misinterpreted anything, but if you wish to clarify, please feel free.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:17 pm

And secondly, I don't see many posters demanding details of other peoples employment

No one really has to demand this. It's all on your website in the public domain
Mali
"Aint that sweet. 3 kosher klown on one thread. Pity its not in a coffee bar in tel aviv. It would make an interesting target."

Stew Ingredient

Postby macunaima » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Polardude wrote:
And secondly, I don't see many posters demanding details of other peoples employment

No one really has to demand this. It's all on your website in the public domain

Is that why you posted his real name on this site?

STOP E-REICH!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 pm

His name is out there on a public website
Last edited by Polardude on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mali
"Aint that sweet. 3 kosher klown on one thread. Pity its not in a coffee bar in tel aviv. It would make an interesting target."

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi name is out there on a public website

Actually, Polar, whether his name is on a public website or not, it still contravenes the ToS to post it here, and that is clear.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:44 pm

i_have_shiny_shoes wrote:So his lack of New Zealand citizenship must fall under exception 2(a), which would be that his mother and/or father were diplomats. There would be, as far as I'm aware, no other reason for him to be denied a passport based on his birthplace - provided, of course, that he was born in New Zealand, something that he states quite clearly on his website and which we must assume to be true.

Oh wait, not only was Soda's entire family Moldovan political refugees, but his parents were also diplomats, representing the same country that they fled because of persecution. Oh, I get it....

So Soda, are you lying here on PS or on your business' website?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Soda wrote:Ian (USA) is charged by The Soda (EU) with having made a series of boring statements about The Sodas origins and family, and is now asked to present evidence to back up those claims. Th court would also like to ask Moe (USA) to back-up said claims, and he may give evidence of Ian's behalf.

My god, this freakshow is really turning into a train wreck. Soda - I thought I'd made it pretty clear that your background is irrelevant. As I already noted:
the bottom line is - who really gives if soda was lying on his website where he claims to be a kiwi (well, except for any of his potential customers who might accept the claims on his site as being true) or if he's lying now when he claims to really be from a fourth world shithole? His status as a festering odiferous minge is secure regardless of which hunk of soil his mom crapped him out upon.

Feel free to add that last bit to your sigline alongside the others.

Now, speaking of unsubstantiated claims - before you last flounced in a fit of embarrassment, you claimed that I was the one who outted your website. You also made a series of vague threats. Perhaps you should either provide some evidence to support that claim or admit to your error. I'd hate for this whole process to be tainted by the fact that you're a lying sack of dogshit.
A Straylian wit on the presidential election wrote: You've gone from chimp to orangutan in your evolutionary political process. I hope to live long enough to witness the rise of homo sensibilus in Amerikkka.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:52 pm

The only reason I "care" (and I use that term looooooosely) is that Soda wagered he could disprove my theory on his nationality (just another boring Kiwi) and embarrass me throughout the Stew, thereby necessitating my departure. Soda has yet to provide this irrefutable and concrete evidence that he is, in fact, a Moldovan political refugee.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Actually, Polar, whether his name is on a public website or not, it still contravenes the ToS to post it here, and that is clear.

I don't agree altogether, but I won't post his anglo sounding name again.
Mali

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:01 pm

I don't agree altogether

It doesn't matter whether you agree or not. The posting of someone's name without the member's permission, even if in the public domain, is against the ToS. It's clear.
Last edited by i_have_shiny_shoes on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Polardude wrote:I don't agree altogether, but I won't post his anglo sounding name again.

Polar - you should go and edit his real name out of your post (if you haven't done so already). You need Soda's permission to post anything that wasn't publicly available on this forum.

Which is why I'm still waiting for Soda to give me permission to C&P his bizarre but amusing PM's from last year which totally contradict his website bio.

What's even more strange is that this is the "Evidence Thread" yet Soda has not provided one shred that supports his delusion that he is a Moldovan political refugee.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:27 pm

We still have a TOS? I thought that was abandoned by the current moderating staff as being too restrictive. It snuffs all the 'artistry' out of the random acts of inconsistent moderation that this crew prefers.
A Straylian wit on the presidential election wrote: You've gone from chimp to orangutan in your evolutionary political process. I hope to live long enough to witness the rise of homo sensibilus in Amerikkka.

Stew Ingredient

Postby simon_in_exile » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:
i_have_shiny_shoes wrote:So his lack of New Zealand citizenship must fall under exception 2(a), which would be that his mother and/or father were diplomats. There would be, as far as I'm aware, no other reason for him to be denied a passport based on his birthplace - provided, of course, that he was born in New Zealand, something that he states quite clearly on his website and which we must assume to be true.

Oh wait, not only was Soda's entire family Moldovan political refugees, but his parents were also diplomats, representing the same country that they fled because of persecution. Oh, I get it....

I think we need to look at a broader picture here: (1) shoes is making an assumption that soda's dad ONLY has a british passport, although he could be dual nationality, the second country (call it Xistan) of which occupied Chatham Island or the Coromandel in the 1970s (along with his mum who would then be Moldovan but would have renounced that citizenship to become an Xistanian subject).
And (2) (this is a bit more likely) Ian is assuming that political refugees from Moldova would be representing Moldova, which is a leap of faith because the refugees could easily have become citizens of a third country and indeed represented that country in Wellington (or an Auckland consulate?) at a diplomatic level.
Or (3) who knows - this country with a diplomatic presence could even have invaded NZ at the time, although I wouldn't want to be far-fetched here.

To be honest, considering the amazingly convoluted backgrounds of many people I know in real life, soda's predicament doesn't seem complately out of the ordinary.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:55 pm

Polar - you should go and edit his real name out of your post (if you haven't done so already). You need Soda's permission to post anything that wasn't publicly available on this forum.

It's already been done.
Mali

Stew Ingredient

Postby macunaima » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Polardude wrote:It's already been done.

No you haven't.

STOP E-REICH!

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:14 pm

(1) shoes is making an assumption that soda's dad ONLY has a british passport, although he could be dual nationality

A fair point, but see below.

the second country (call it Xistan) of which occupied Chatham Island or the Coromandel in the 1970s (along with his mum who would then be Moldovan but would have renounced that citizenship to become an Xistanian subject).

Did any country occupy Chatham Island or the Coromandel in the 1970s?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:54 pm

To be honest, considering the amazingly convoluted backgrounds of many people I know in real life, soda's predicament doesn't seem complately out of the ordinary.

Perhaps, but his penchant for distorting it and lying about it seem a bit odd.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:33 pm

is soder just asking to be pummeled?
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:34 pm

What is this really all about? Can somebody fill me in?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Iranian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Just like Seinfeld; it's about nothing.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:39 pm

EasyElvis wrote:What is this really all about? Can somebody fill me in?

oh, let's not even go there....
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:39 pm

What is this really all about? Can somebody fill me in?

It's about Soda having massive issues with his identity. He's a bit insecure. For some reason, he thinks people think he's a douchebag because of his nationality. In reality, people think he's a douchebag because he's a doucebag.
Last edited by Moethebartender on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:

where does the somali thing fit in? Can I be called as a witness to impeach Soder's testimony.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:42 pm

We do have evidence that Soda's Moldovan mother served in the Moldova paratroopers. She is famuos for parachutuing into the UK to rescue a dog from a puppy farm. Read about it on Soda's blog
Mali

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:43 pm

joeyramone wrote:

Don't even think about it, Joey.

Thanks, Moe. Quick and efficient. But why does he have a problem with his identity?

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:44 pm

EasyElvis wrote:
joeyramone wrote:

Thanks, Moe. Quick and efficient. But why does he have a problem with his identity?

it's too late, I already have.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:45 pm

EasyElvis wrote:
joeyramone wrote:

We need a therapist for that one, not a bunch of lawyers...

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 pm

also note that soder is hedging on his statement by saying that ian needs to prove what he said ON THIS SITE, thus trying to have all evidence regarding LP ruled as inadmissable.

Stew Ingredient

Postby EasyElvis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Ah. A troubled soul.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Soda 2.0 wrote:Troubled, possibly.

Fascinating, apparently.

After all - when was the last time a thread about Joey got 200 replies?

Come to think of it, has anyone ever bothered to make a thread about Joey?

Because if not - that's got to hurt.

Umm, I'd rather not have attack threads amde about me, but I've had plenty, some even by you sodumb.

You're such a lonely attention whore that you find the fact people loathe you to be a plus?

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Soda 2.0 wrote:
You're such a lonely attention whore that you find the fact people loathe you to be a plus?

Hey - at least I'm talked about.

Whereas you are the centre of such a sublime maelstrom of ennui and indifference that even you don't read your own posts.

Soda, Herpes and HIV is talked about a great deal, but I'm sure no one is happy to have them; your experience may be different.

I'm glad not to be an internet superstar; if I was a failed writer approaching 50 with no prospects on the horizon for a better life, I think I'd cherish internet superstadom. Alas, I do not, because I have a far better life then you.

special sauce

Postby justinian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Let us not forget: Soda is not caucasian, either.
The HOFF, people! Knight Fuckin' RIDER right in the reclining chair section!! -- nettie

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Moethebartender wrote:We still have a TOS? I thought that was abandoned by the current moderating staff as being too restrictive. It snuffs all the 'artistry' out of the random acts of inconsistent moderation that this crew prefers.

Indeed, it is a surprise to me too! Your continued participation on this board would indicate there is none. At least, not one that's being followed.

Don't interpret that as an ungrateful jab, though. Everytime I log on, I thank God that such a moraly superior intellectual rules these boards.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm still waiting for Soda's irrefutable evidence that he doesn't hold a UK and/or NZ passport, let alone his proof that he's a native Moldovan. What do you think the odds of Soda providing that are.

Just ironic given this thread is entitled "The Evidence" thread.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Hey

Good to see that after two days this is heading in the normal predictable route.

Polar - broken one of the cardinal rules of PS yet again and not banned?

Why not Mods?
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes