Yes
73%
No
28%

Total votes : 40
Evil Overlord

Soda's Wager With Ian

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Soda has made a little wager with me. The question is should I accept it or not. The crux of the bet is as follows:

Soda can prove he was born in Moldova and is a political refugee. I doubt the veracity of that claim for obvious reasons. Mr. Soda bet me that if he wins (by providing irrefutable "proof") that I should leave PS forever. And the counter bet is the same to him if his proof is less than concrete.

Should I accept the bet?
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby lederhosen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:13 pm

You are a man of honor. You know what to do.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Soda has no integrity, so it'd be silly to accept any wager from him. In any case, he has repeatedly demonstrated that no matter how many times he flounces, he'll keep coming back.

But really, the bottom line is - who really gives if soda was lying on his website where he claims to be a kiwi (well, except for any of his potential customers who might accept the claims on his site as being true) or if he's lying now when he claims to really be from a fourth world shithole? His status as a festering odiferous minge is secure regardless of which hunk of soil his mom crapped him out upon.
Godjira wrote:Did you orgasm typing that? Holy fuck.

Your mom is a child molester.

Stew Ingredient

Postby cowtown » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:37 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Blue Eyed Devil

Postby blueeyes_austin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Moethebartender wrote:Soda has no integrity, so it'd be silly to accept any wager from him. In any case, he has repeatedly demonstrated that no matter how many times he flounces, he'll keep coming back.

But really, the bottom line is - who really gives if soda was lying on his website where he claims to be a kiwi (well, except for any of his potential customers who might accept the claims on his site as being true) or if he's lying now when he claims to really be from a fourth world shithole? His status as a festering odiferous minge is secure regardless of which hunk of soil his mom crapped him out upon.

I think this is right. It's foolish to bet when the House can't be trusted.
"We shall cause a distortionary response in US fiscal policy! God is great! God is great!"--Electrolyte channeling the 9/11 hijackers

Stew Ingredient

Postby simon_in_exile » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Where's the hippy option?
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:39 pm

cowtown wrote:I hope you have a nice belt to go with your Soda.

Hah. Although Moe and BEA make a good point that the house is dealing from the bottom of the deck.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Truth be told - I really don't care one way or the other about Soda's ancestry. I just really don't comprehend his pathological dishonesty, let alone his outright inability to keep his stories straight.

But I do welcome the opportunity for Soda to "prove" irrefutably that he is a Moldovan.

Stew Ingredient

Postby philzuss » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:49 pm

At the same time is Soda going to prove that he traveled to 100 new counties in the last year?

Mayor McCheese

Postby Citizen Baba » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:57 pm

Who's Ian?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Capitolhill » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:59 pm

I say no because both of you clowns are value-added.

Anyway Ian, you're the only other poster here who qualifies as old school DC. These new transplants and upstarts don't even know the meaning of "the bitch set me up". Pitiful.

I do agree with Cow, though. The point of winning a bet like this is to punk bitchify the loser. Now the chum has been thrown in the water, one of you poor unfortunates need to be throughly disgraced and thrown to the braying PStew mob. No turning back now.
Hi eric!

Blue Eyed Devil

Postby blueeyes_austin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Capitolhill wrote:I say no because both of you clowns are value-added.

Anyway Ian, you're the only other poster here who qualifies as old school DC. These new transplants and upstarts don't even know the meaning of "the bitch set me up". Pitiful.

I do agree with Cow, though. The point of winning a bet like this is to punk bitchify the loser. Now the chum has been thrown in the water, one of you poor unfortunates need to be throughly disgraced and thrown to the braying PStew mob. No turning back now.

How can people not know that???
"We shall cause a distortionary response in US fiscal policy! God is great! God is great!"--Electrolyte channeling the 9/11 hijackers

Stew Ingredient

Postby Capitolhill » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:10 pm

BEA- I'm joking (kind of).

"The bitch set me up!" is kind of a euphemism for those zany crack-filled halcyon days of 1980's DC. Alot of DC's residents now weren't there during those days. It was kind of like a big Studio 54, except with more semi automatic gun fire.

Now, back to the bet...

edit
Last edited by Capitolhill on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi eric!

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:11 pm

blueeyes_austin wrote:
Capitolhill wrote:I say no because both of you clowns are value-added.

How can people not know that???

yeah, how do they not know that?

but ian's also old school enough to recall the milford plaza commerical in new york.

I said take the bet, because I'd love to see Soder try and drag out soviet-era documentation of his Somali-Moldovan background. It would be OARSUM.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:13 pm

The blether about integrity is a nonsense - and merely an excuse to get the same old digs in.

If the evidence is irrefutable, then opinions about the person's honesty don't apply. You refute the evidence if you like, but if the evidence is sound then there's no dealing from the botton of the pack by definition anyway...
Pedantry ahoy..
another scotch wetbrain

Blue Eyed Devil

Postby blueeyes_austin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:21 pm

milton wrote:The blether about integrity is a nonsense - and merely an excuse to get the same old digs in.

If the evidence is irrefutable, then opinions about the person's honesty don't apply. You refute the evidence if you like, but if the evidence is sound then there's no dealing from the botton of the pack by definition anyway...
Pedantry ahoy..

The issue isn't the evidence...it's the payoff. It's like when I was gambling online a few years back...getting the check from the dodgy house was always more of a concern than actually winning some money.

Your hero. Ram it

Postby milton » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Ah, I see - well I'd rather they both stayed anyway, so that's no prob either! :lol:
another scotch wetbrain

Stew Ingredient
Location: Bay Area -- SF, CA (Don't even think of calling it 'Frisco.')

Postby Wilster » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Capitolhill wrote:BEA- I'm joking (kind of).

"The bitch set me up!" is kind of a euphemism for those zany crack-filled halcyon days of 1980's DC. Alot of DC's residents now weren't there during those days. It was kind of like a big Studio 54, except with more semi automatic gun fire.

I guess I'm old enough to know what I "think" it is (I'm not a resident, but my aunt and uncle have been since the mid/late 70's--they just moved into a new pad, penthouse condo near DuPont Circle, can't wait to visit!); and I was thinking it had reference to Marion Barry, DC former mayor.

Okay, back to the poll/vote; I say don't make the bet. I'd hate to see either go, but really, you actually think SoDuh would go if he lost the bet????? C'mon, this is the guy who makes these dramatic flounces and then comes crawling back here! Pure entertainment, plain and simple.

I gotta imagine in the next year or so, there's going to be some euphemism about SoDuh, his antics, and things like flouncing.

Oh, forgot to add; what's with this whole betting thing anyway? Is there some link to a thread where this whole thing went down? Or was this done via PM? And if it was done via PM, then I think the board is entitled to get the verbiage of all that went on...
My moniker is Wilster. How is my posting? If you no like, write suggestions down intelligibly on paper and then...burn it.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:50 pm

joeyramone wrote:but ian's also old school enough to recall the milford plaza commerical in new york.

You can have it all....at the MILL-ford PLAH-za!

Don't forget Honda of Mineola - they'll give you the shirt off their back.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Wilster wrote:Oh, forgot to add; what's with this whole betting thing anyway? Is there some link to a thread where this whole thing went down? Or was this done via PM? And if it was done via PM, then I think the board is entitled to get the verbiage of all that went on...

I was cleaning out some old (unsolicited) PMs and reread one of Soda's "gems." I started laughing so hard that I had to C&P it in a quote back to him thanking him for putting the humor in my day. That's when he challenged me to the afore-mentioned bet. I also C&P'ed some other of his more gut-wrenching, knee-slapping PMs back to him although I have yet to hear a response.

I wonder if Soda felt any shame or embarrassment?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:23 pm

wonder if Soda felt any shame or embarrassment?

He is impervious to such primitive emotions.
Godjira wrote:Did you orgasm typing that? Holy fuck.

Your mom is a child molester.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Sonora » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:Truth be told - I really don't care one way or the other about Soda's ancestry. I just really don't comprehend his pathological dishonesty, let alone his outright inability to keep his stories straight.

Me neither. Hence my "no" vote.

Stew Ingredient

Postby candy is dandy but... » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:28 pm

Ian won't take the bet because he doesn't have the balls.
I want my fucking money back

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 pm

candy is dandy but... wrote:Ian won't take the bet because he doesn't have the balls.

How does one have "balls" (or to quote your oft-misunderstood pal, Termite, how is one "spineless") on an anonymous forum on the Internet? What are cyber-balls like, dear Candycita?

Soda still hasn't responded to me if he accepts the terms of the bet.

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:06 pm

candy is dandy but... wrote:Ian won't take the bet because he doesn't have the balls.

Oh fuck, now he'll start bragging about his wiener again.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Ian - I never had you down as an attention whore.

:roll:
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:21 pm

Don't worry, Auntie, I'm not competing with you for the title.

I'm just wondering what the general consensus is on this particular exercise in futility.

Stew Ingredient

Postby snowgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:33 pm

I think you should accept the bet but change the outcome. I'm with C-hill on this. You both provide much amusement and the winner should have public bitching rights over the loser, thereby providing yet more amusement for the rest of us.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:45 pm

MoethecunninglinguistfromDetroit wrote:His status as a festering odiferous minge is secure regardless of which hunk of soil his mom crapped him out upon.

Quote o'de'day!
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Capitolhill » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:49 pm

pezworld wrote:
MoethecunninglinguistfromDetroit wrote:His status as a festering odiferous minge is secure regardless of which hunk of soil his mom crapped him out upon.

Quote o'de'day!

Yeah, that was pretty good.
Hi eric!

Stew Ingredient

Postby BellCarver7 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:01 pm

pezworld wrote:

Quote o'de'day!

Definitely seconded. Thirded, that is.

(Cunninglinguist. Cunnilingus. Brilliant.)
Don't make me come back there!

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:04 pm

BellCarver7 wrote:(Cunninglinguist. Cunnilingus. Brilliant.)

I can't take credit for that one. In fact, I was shocked to see it on a prime-time show I watched last night.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Yeah, how could Moe be the cunning linguist when Soda is the renowned one? Not only does he have a PhD in Derrida and"Despot Theory," but Soda has also completed post-doc studies in Moldovan linguistics.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Listener » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Soda claims to be Moldovan? That's fucking brilliant cos in that case he's a fucking thieving gypsy cunt. All Moldovans are fucking thieving gypsy cunts, it's a well known fact.

And he also claims to be a political refugee? from Moldova? Well he should be able to go back now, the EU are stupidly considering letting this country of fucking thieving gypsy cunts into the union.
Dress British, Don't Look Armenian, Think Yiddish.

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Soda has as much chance of being a Moldovan as you do, Listener, of admitting there was a Holocaust.

You are a shining example of racial tolerance, especially with that post above me.

Evil Overlord

Postby Right_Turn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:59 pm

If Soda is from Moldova, why did he have so much trouble getting into Moldova and communicating with people?:

http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40726

Just wondering...

By the way, it's a good article on Moldova.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:07 pm

soder's article isn't bad; it's too bad that he's such a knob that you can't discuss it with him or divorce his perosnality from it.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

red fanged She-devil

Postby incognita » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:25 am

Count me as another vote for both of you staying. Besides, say Soda loses and leaves, how long before we start seeing complaints that it's too slow here, and where is that soda dude anyway?

Just another episode of "As the Stew Churns"...
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Stew Ingredient

Postby oliver_brent » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 am

1- Ian isn't "old school" DC. He's not from here.

2- He's not going to take the bet. He'll just make a bunch of noise. Like always.

Stew Ingredient

Postby shunter » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:07 am

Yes. What have you got to lose?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wilster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:30 am

Ian_in_DC wrote:
Wilster wrote:Oh, forgot to add; what's with this whole betting thing anyway? Is there some link to a thread where this whole thing went down? Or was this done via PM? And if it was done via PM, then I think the board is entitled to get the verbiage of all that went on...

I was cleaning out some old (unsolicited) PMs and reread one of Soda's "gems." I started laughing so hard that I had to C&P it in a quote back to him thanking him for putting the humor in my day. That's when he challenged me to the afore-mentioned bet. I also C&P'ed some other of his more gut-wrenching, knee-slapping PMs back to him although I have yet to hear a response.

I wonder if Soda felt any shame or embarrassment?

Ah yeah, the unsolicited PM's; I've been victim to them too. I kept telling SoDuh in threads, DON'T PM ME!!! IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO AIR WITH ME, DO IT IN THE FRIGGIN' THREAD!!! But to no avail, SoDuh would still PM me! Then, months later, he was like, "What, I PM'd you? Did not..."
My moniker is Wilster. How is my posting? If you no like, write suggestions down intelligibly on paper and then...burn it.

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:31 am

How come Ian is so well behaved over here?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wilster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 am

northern_goddess wrote:How come Ian is so well behaved over here?

Cuz he's in a fraternity here; the brahs would be nailin' his ass to the wall if he messes up.

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:50 am

Haha. Interesting.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:19 am

No need to bet to get rdi of him. he wil flee on his own
Mali
"Aint that sweet. 3 kosher klown on one thread. Pity its not in a coffee bar in tel aviv. It would make an interesting target."

Stew Ingredient

Postby macunaima » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:33 am

Cyber-bets over who should leave an anonymous internet message board forever? And I thought I was pathetic...
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wilster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:59 am

macunaima wrote:Cyber-bets over who should leave an anonymous internet message board forever? And I thought I was pathetic...

You are fucking pathetic, but I'm sure a great guy/gal in "real" life; however, excellent point.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:59 am

And I thought I was pathetic...

Don't worry Fat Ass you're as pathetic as it gets.

Soda is the new Turd. If he leaves this place would be worse off.

If soda really wanted to take a dig at this forum he would leave. But his pompous, lying, gypsy ways would never let himself leave.
Haters wanna hate.

Next

Return to Famous Dishes