Locking topics because Eric doesn't like them

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Stew Ingredient

Postby Daejn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:09 am

thoughtpolice wrote:fuck off, you lying cunt.

No, thank you, sir.

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 am

Indeed it was, Moe personally attacking Eric.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of a mod based on their capability as a mod, which is precisely what Moe was doing. While I don't know that it was Eric who locked the thread (and perhaps a mod could confirm), the OP reads:

What the fuck is that all about? Are posts about South American politics in general now verboten? I realize that Eric gets all upset when someone posts about his favorite leftist wannabe dictators in SA, but frankly this is an appalling demonstration of your lack of judgement. If the thread is getting spammed, fucking cut the spammers out. Four posts were made on that thread and you locked it. Idiots.

The criticism was of a lack of judgement on behalf of a mod and his perceived inability to split threads and remove spam from the more pertinent content, there wasn't anything personal about it. If you believe Moe's comment to be incorrect, Seamus, then argue that way, but it doesn't serve any purpose to suggest it's a 'personal' attack in the same way as other posters have used personal situations in other members' lives to attack them.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

Stew Ingredient

Postby crossfire » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:36 pm

pezworld wrote:For the record, I find Moe interesting and entertaining, even (especially?) when he's bashing the mods.

Never figured you for a sub. More of a dom. 8)

As for this thread, I think it has been shown more that the Moe's detractors have quite the burr up their butt particularly soda in that they have completely distorted this OP and taken it in an entirely different direction - hence the reason I called for a split. The arguments against him have been weak and the assumptions biased. I'm not saying Moe is a saint but you gents are doing a piss-poor job at presenting a compelling argument.
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:02 pm

Soda 2.0 wrote:For those who actually support Moe here, can someone post a link of Moe debating politics?

Wait a second - am I reading this right? Is Soda actually asking for substantiation to a general concept or a poster's demeanor? The irony, alas, is too crushing (I hope it's not lost on Soda).
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:36 pm

i_have_shiny_shoes wrote:
Indeed it was, Moe personally attacking Eric.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of a mod based on their capability as a mod, which is precisely what Moe was doing. While I don't know that it was Eric who locked the thread (and perhaps a mod could confirm), the OP reads:

What the fuck is that all about? Are posts about South American politics in general now verboten? I realize that Eric gets all upset when someone posts about his favorite leftist wannabe dictators in SA, but frankly this is an appalling demonstration of your lack of judgement. If the thread is getting spammed, fucking cut the spammers out. Four posts were made on that thread and you locked it. Idiots.

The criticism was of a lack of judgement on behalf of a mod and his perceived inability to split threads and remove spam from the more pertinent content, there wasn't anything personal about it. If you believe Moe's comment to be incorrect, Seamus, then argue that way, but it doesn't serve any purpose to suggest it's a 'personal' attack in the same way as other posters have used personal situations in other members' lives to attack them.

Coming from an intelligent poster like yourself, I'm surprised you consider this an appropriate manner to voice disapproval. I'm sure you don't talk to your boss (if you have one) like that or your parents/teachers when you were young.

Not only that, there is exaggerated bullshit in that post and his follow up post. Eric spamming? Hardly. Then again, we're talking about a poster who equates questions like:

"Can anyone prove Chavez is killing the opposition?"

"Can anyone prove Chavez is rigging the elections?"

To:

1. Enduring love for Chavez
2. Spamming Venezuela threads
3. Making opinions about a country that you don't know anything about

IHSS, making a complaint personal as well as spinning BS exaggerations from your C&P:

I realize that Eric gets all upset when someone posts about his favorite leftist wannabe dictators in SA,

an appalling demonstration of your lack of judgement

Idiots.

Moe doesn't even know if it was Eric in the first place and from what I've read, Eric doesn't support dictators. I'm sure you'd agree, these comments aren't going to win a person support. Try looking at his follow up post as well. I don't know about you, IHSS, but when I'm not happy with the way I've been treated, I get a lot more done with honey than vinegar.

Zara, I don't need to have posted with Moe since the beginning. I've posted long enough here and made several subtle attempts to have civil conversations with him to no avail. I have, on the other hand, been able to have civil discussions with Felix, Joey et al. This is pretty much true of most posters on this board. Moe appears to be the only poster here where the switch is always "on".

Gets a little tiresome after a while.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:57 pm

zara wrote:
All he does is bitch and moan and complain and hurl some rather vile and at times childish abuse on them.

as ial pointed out, that is a blatant lie... launched from a trebuchet in a glass house no less.

Zara, I know Moe was quite gallant in stepping in and defending your honour...

Err, no. I don't lie, that's Moe's thing unless I'm pretending to be Moe to piss off Moe. On this thread, I'm dead serious and abusing Mods is what Moe does. Eric in particular, but he's made plenty of general statements too. Heck, Pez mentioned it just a few posts down from yours. Oh, and while I've been more than willing to get my hands dirty as it seems the mods don't mind folks like Moe, there is no glass house or trebuchet on that comment. I'd like you to find a post where I've been abusive to the mods.

no, you keep bypassing a critical point. moe did what did b/c he has integrity and he knows when someone has crossed the line with a deeply personal attack using recent tragic circumstances as a weapon. stop minimizing, glossing over and deflecting the blame from the person who was responsible for the "inappropriate" comment. that is a truly weak position and frankly insulting that you keep using moe to make excuses for that vile attack. there are no excuses. that bridge is torched. so drop it.

No, you need to accept that I am doing anything but bypassing a critical point, I'm saying he doesn't have the integrity you think he does. You just don't agree with me. Which is fine. But as somebody who takes Moe's abuse I have a different perspective than you. I see how he blows at the slightest issue on posters he doesn't like and lets go plenty on those he likes. He uses bigotry, libel, personal attacks, abusive language and makes comments similar to the one Anti made to you. It's one of the reasons I've highlited it. He has wished no children for me (BTW, he has no idea who I am and what my familial situation is, it could be just as hurtful as somebody making the comment to you) and has done it to at least one other poster (I can't remember which, might be Soda). He's also made highly inappropriate comments about Anti's children. Moe is in no position to play the chivalerous hero. Don't be offended by me bringing it up, be offended by realizing Moe used you to take a shot at Anti.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. I prefer civil discussion, but well at the risk of being abusive to the mods, if they don't give a fuck, why should I?
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:01 pm

Soda 2.0 wrote:For those who actually support Moe here, can someone post a link of Moe debating politics?

In others words - show us a thread with a reasonable number of replies, where Moe discusses any subject in the politics branch WITHOUT ABUSE.

Because I'm going to say I don't think I ever seen one, and I doubt anyone can locate one.

Crossfire, Zara, Felix....?

Good luck on that one.

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:03 pm

While I wouldn't voice my disapproval in this manner to my parents or my boss, my parents and my boss don't use this forum, and conversation and debate take a rather different form here, as you well know. I also think you and I would be on dodgy ground to criticise other people for the way in which they raise legitimate complaints about a mod's capacity, given I only occasionally lose my temper and that you're capable of posting things such as:

Listen, I said I was sorry for fucking your mother.

Get over it.

Eric spamming? Hardly.

I think you're misconstruing what Moe posted. He wasn't suggesting Eric spammed the thread; he's suggesting other posters spammed the thread and then Eric simply locked the thread, rather than splitting the posts which were spam and leaving the thread open to debate. (Which is a personal bugbear of mine, but understandable given that splitting threads is far more time-consuming than locking them)

Moe doesn't even know if it was Eric in the first place

Which, if you read a previous post of mine, I've already suggested, and was wondering whether the mods could confirm.

I'm sure you'd agree, these comments aren't going to win a person support. Try looking at his follow up post as well. I don't know about you, IHSS, but when I'm not happy with the way I've been treated, I get a lot more done with honey than vinegar.

I agree. But it's hardly a personal attack. There are plenty of others who've suffered from much worse, and there's very little point in me naming names when that much is obvious. Believe me, I have sympathy for the mods and what they do. I was once one myself (which may have been before you joined) and displayed an 'appalling lack of judgement' over the 'Mohammed bomb' avatar, for which I (rightly) received an enormous amount of criticism, some vitriolic, some not. Regardless, the criticism wasn't aimed at me as a person, it was aimed at me over a massive misjudgement. While some of Moe's comment may be offhand, the actual substance of his criticism is meritworthy, and while I can't be sure who locked the thread, I would think in all likelihood to have been by Eric's hand, rather than that of any other mod.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:14 pm

IHSS, I mentioned to read Moe's follow up post.

Eric either spams every thread I make about South America or he locks it altogether. His rage towards me clouds what little judgement he might otherwise be able to muster. It's the one tiny bit of power he has in his pathetic life so I guess he ought to be humored.

Personal attacks and most of it, if not all of it, likely bullshit.

Regarding my comment, if you want to use my response to a bigoted troll (way out of context to this discussion, btw as I wasn't being angry I was just replying in kind to Loki) go right ahead. You may not have read this comment before posting my response to Loki:

I'm not saying I'm perfect. I prefer civil discussion, but well at the risk of being abusive to the mods, if they don't give a fuck, why should I?

I've had heated and/or sensitive "red button" discussions on this board without using comments like the one to Loki. Matter of fact, anybody who wants to have an honest debate with me will have a civil one.

I participate in other forums without even uttering the word shit. I came to this board with the same intention, but obviously it's more relaxed here. That's fine, but there's a reason why we're discussing Moe here. As I wrote before, his button is always "on", it gets tiresome and not just for me. Plenty of others too.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:31 pm

That's fine, but there's a reason why we're discussing Moe here. As I wrote before, his button is always "on", it gets tiresome and not just for me. Plenty of others too.

Seamus,

You might want ot include Tina's condyuct in this discussion. he can'tr get through 3 posts without spitting out personal atttcks of the lowest order. Let's not be too selective here
Mali
"Aint that sweet. 3 kosher klown on one thread. Pity its not in a coffee bar in tel aviv. It would make an interesting target."

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Hilarious direction this thread has taken; entirely predictable, but amusing nonetheless.
Soda has now spammed this thread: 10 times

incognita wrote:I think there Eric and I "cross-posted" - I split the crap out and he must have locked it at the same time.

Will unlock, for now.

There was no reason to lock that thread. That eric did so just highlights what I've been saying for some time now. He abuses his moderating position when it comes to people or subjects he doesn't like. He's not neutral, he's not impartial, and he utterly lacks the judgement necessary to be a decent moderator.

Soda wrote:The reason Moe left Stew was not because he was effective, or even because he was so endlessly mocked or ridiculed, but because he was ignored.

I left the stew? You don't say? I certainly don't recall posting pictures of gravestones or making obscure threats to posters at random. Are you sure about this? I don't generally spend much time here at all on the weekends and haven't been around much the last couple days either, but I'm afraid you're full of shit once again soda. Much as you wish it were so, I haven't gone anywhere.

As far as being ignored - newsflash dimwit: I really don't give a shit whether you or anyone else ignores me. I'm here for my own amusement. I don't care whether you (or anyone else for that matter) find me entertaining, and I'm not looking to win any popularity contests.

That you are so obsessed with post counts and making up bogus background stories to make yourself seem more interesting than you actually are demonstrates that you are a deeply insecure and fragile individual. No wonder you flee this forum balling your eyes out so frequently.

Ian_in_DC wrote:
SeamusMcCool wrote:Anti likely spewed some anti-semitic comments for the same reason I used to tease one of my brothers. The ginger haired son of a bitch was so easy to antagonize. He was mouthy and a short fuse and I used to get tremendous joy baiting him.

So by that logic, would you call a black poster "nigger" just to bait him on?

I think Shamoo's stance on resorting to racial epithets ought to be crystal clear by now.

Northof49 wrote:Moe's gone? He was here late last week and rarely posts on weekends. Did he announce his permanent departure somewhere?

No, that is just wishful thinking on soda's part.

Zara wrote:the intended purpose of this branch is to sound off on issues that posters feel need improvement. and quite a few posters on this thread, yourself included, have made legitimate criticisms of locked threads and mod actions... just as i have done in expressing my concerns over eric's conflicted neutrality.

Eric doesn't have a conflicted neutrality - he doesn't even make a pretense of being netural. He holds grudges with the best of them; unfortunately, he lets those grudges inform his moderating decisions.

Pez wrote:And while you're at it, whose attack thread is this? I thought Moe was attacking the mods in his OP.

Actually, I was 'attacking' the decision made by Eric to lock the thread in question; a thread that consisted solely of a C+P that was being spammed by the usual suspects. Incognita reasonably decided to remove the spam from the thread - there was absolutely no reason to lock it and that eric did so is testament to his inability to moderate this forum in anything resembling an impartial fashion.

IHSS wrote:There's nothing wrong with being critical of a mod based on their capability as a mod, which is precisely what Moe was doing. While I don't know that it was Eric who locked the thread (and perhaps a mod could confirm), the OP reads

According to Incognita on page one, it was Eric. He certainly hasn't denied it, though he's had ample opportunity since she outed him.

Shamoo wrote:Coming from an intelligent poster like yourself, I'm surprised you consider this an appropriate manner to voice disapproval. I'm sure you don't talk to your boss (if you have one) like that or your parents/teachers when you were young.

Eric is neither my boss nor my parent nor my teacher (thank god). I have zero respect for him and the way I interact with him (and with you for that matter) is a direct reflection of that lack of respect. He doesn't deserve it.
Seamus McCool wrote:I've been trying to bang chicks on political stew for over 10 years.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:59 pm

Poor brow beaten Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:59 pm

Polardude wrote:
That's fine, but there's a reason why we're discussing Moe here. As I wrote before, his button is always "on", it gets tiresome and not just for me. Plenty of others too.

Seamus,

You might want ot include Tina's condyuct in this discussion. he can'tr get through 3 posts without spitting out personal atttcks of the lowest order. Let's not be too selective here

You're right, Anti gives as good as he takes. He is particularly nasty to you. I'm not innocent either, but I can have a civil discussion with you just as easily as have a nasty one.

Moe doesn't seem to be capable. We've all had people disagree with us here, no big deal, but when it's constantly abusive language mixed with bigoted/racist commentary, some people are going to respond in kind. Like I've said, Moe gets exactly what he deserves. He brings it on himself.

I know it's amusing, funny and entertaining to watch somebody tear apart a poster who made a point you don't agree with, either. But after awhile, you just start to act like sheep and lose perspective.

It shows a higher level of intelligence and integrity to passionalty debate and possibly feud on one thread and have a civil discussion on another. Rather than taking a poster shit list and then childishly refuse to have a civil discussion and wait for opportunities to tear into them.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:03 pm

Moethebartender wrote:Eric is neither my boss nor my parent nor my teacher (thank god). I have zero respect for him and the way I interact with him (and with you for that matter) is a direct reflection of that lack of respect. He doesn't deserve it.

That's OK, neither do I or several other posters. Glad we're on the same page.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:04 pm

Moe also puts out very good, provocative threads onissues he knows well. The reason they don't draw any interest is the intence focus on the US, Joooz and Israel. Many poster prefer to hist on thred where they can become abusive trolls.

If you 're attacking Moe, you have to also add Tina, Smokie and his multiple handles and a few others to this discussion to get a sence of balance.
Last edited by Polardude on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mali
"Aint that sweet. 3 kosher klown on one thread. Pity its not in a coffee bar in tel aviv. It would make an interesting target."

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:05 pm

I am sure Eric is gutted Moe had zero respect for him. In fact if Moe had a shred of respect for me I would have to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:11 pm

Eric either spams every thread I make about South America or he locks it altogether. His rage towards me clouds what little judgement he might otherwise be able to muster. It's the one tiny bit of power he has in his pathetic life so I guess he ought to be humored.

I went looking for examples of this and found some threads on South America:

Not spammed or locked, but a shot at Eric from Joey:
http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45906&highlight=

Not spammed or locked:
http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45902&highlight=

Not spammed or locked:
http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45441&highlight=

4 posts from Eric, spam from JohnWSmoke, not locked:
http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44259&highlight=

No spam, no lock:
http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44076&highlight=

Not spammed or locked:
http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42168&highlight=

Not spammed or locked
http://www.politicalstew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43439&highlight=

So going back to September Eric has only posted on 1 of 7 South America threads none of which were locked.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:14 pm

Polardude wrote:any interest is the intence focus on the US, Joooz and Israel.

poor downtrodden victims.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:20 pm

So there's two things happening here.

One is that Eric is under attack partly due to the false accusation that he spams or locks every Moe South America thread. That's simply not true. While I don't agree that threads should be locked in a lot of cases there's no need to launch a personal attack on Eric.

The other thing that's happening is that Moe is under attack for not contributing anything more than froth and rage to the forum. Do a search of his OPs. Moe contributes enormously to the forum and has for years. He posts a lot of OPs about South America and Africa that are interesting reading.

And Soda and Zara you are two of the biggest whiners and most often "going outside" due to claimed abuse, yet most often engage in it. Soda does it for fun. Zara you have a problem.

Seamus you are one of the best new posters here. Try to look at people like Moe by reading his OPs, and not just listening to his attackers.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Piel! » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:21 pm

AnniesCat wrote:
Polardude wrote:any interest is the intence focus on the US, Joooz and Israel.

poor downtrodden victims.

LLO me two eye degree their not atharies of the suckass of the Oblivion Verolushion OLL wath a banch of titpathic wankeries
The Blowkiest Bloek in the whole of Bleakdom

bark brak! bark barack karp! bark!

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:25 pm

Dallan wrote:Seamus you are one of the best new posters here. Try to look at people like Moe by reading his OPs, and not just listening to his attackers.

Thank you, I'll take that to heart.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Polardude wrote:Moe also puts out very good, provocative threads onissues he knows well.

It would be easier to discuss OPs if questions like this:

Don't become this:

Rather than just engaging with civility and proving or not proving Chavez does those acts.

Just an example. I'm willing to be civil with anybody who is civil with me. Even if things went badly the day before or whatever. Some can't let go.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:39 pm

It would be easier to discuss OPs if questions like this:

Don't become this:

Rather than just engaging with civility and proving or not proving Chavez does those acts.

Just an example. I'm willing to be civil with anybody who is civil with me. Even if things went badly the day before or whatever. Some can't let go.

Ever see Smokey's/Termite's/Evo Morales threads on the subject? He'll put out a thread o Chavez or Castro. Any hint iof sdiagreeing with him results in a mountain of abuse. There is no intent for a civil dissucsion by te OP.
Mali

Postby eric84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Well, this thread has gone full circle. I didn't think there was anything to clear up since I thought Incognita had but for the slower ones out there: she pruned at the same I locked. There were, I think, 6 replies on the thread all of the fairly predictable attacks that that kind of OP generates around here. I would add since it was unlocked the thread remains with one lonely reply from AnniesCat.

I would only add that, of course, posters are free to criticize/question moderating decisions but don't pretend that Moe is doing this out of high minded principle. As Dallan's cursory research has already revealed, most of Moe's whines don't have any substance to it and he's motivated by his general dislike of moderating generally and me specifically. That said, he does make valuable contributions to political discussions.....it's unfortunate that he combines this with rather nasty personal attacks. He's been leaning more to the latter recently, alas.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:51 pm

I agree Polar, they are definitely baiting. Usually blatantly obvious with some pretty offensive or leading OP titles.

I think Moe is better than that.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:58 pm

I agree Polar, they are definitely baiting. Usually blatantly obvious with some pretty offensive or leading OP titles.

Wih all the shit throws on the board, he equals with good OP's about genocide and other issues. Termite/Smokey/AnnniesCaty/Eveo have nothing but abuse to offer.
Mali

Stew Ingredient
Location: Bay Area -- SF, CA (Don't even think of calling it 'Frisco.')

Postby Wilster » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:33 pm

eric84 wrote:Well, this thread has gone full circle. I didn't think there was anything to clear up since I thought Incognita had but for the slower ones out there: she pruned at the same I locked. There were, I think, 6 replies on the thread all of the fairly predictable attacks that that kind of OP generates around here. I would add since it was unlocked the thread remains with one lonely reply from AnniesCat.

Interesting Eric; if the attacks (supposed attacks) are fairly predictable, then why are they cut? I mean if you're deferring to Turd/AnniesCat contribution in a thread...well...that outta make this forum increasingly stronger and more interesting *insert sarcasm*. And yeah, I'm making some reference to my "trimmed" contributions in that very thread; hey, Turd wins!

On another note; this is absolutely priceless:

That you are so obsessed with post counts and making up bogus background stories to make yourself seem more interesting than you actually are demonstrates that you are a deeply insecure and fragile individual. No wonder you flee this forum balling your eyes out so frequently.
My moniker is Wilster. How is my posting? If you no like, write suggestions down intelligibly on paper and then...burn it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:17 pm

mutha is fixing
Seamus McCool wrote:I've been trying to bang chicks on political stew for over 10 years.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:28 pm

Posts about South America distract serious posters from the serious topic of this board: The serious unethnical jeninocide perpetrated by Jooz against the pacifistic vegetarian feminist leftist Palestinian beneficiaries of superior Canadian educational health care.

(I think I got every requisite element of Dave's personality there.)
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:32 pm

you missed circumcision.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:01 pm

mutha is fixing

Postby eric84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:04 pm

The question is why you locked that OP?

It was locked because of the 6 replies I saw they were all of the off topic attack theme with both your enemies and allies. No attempt at any discussion of what was in the OP....and as I said, after it was unlocked, no other on topic contribution has/was made.

Why do you reward the ones who want to shut the conversation down by giving them exactly what they want?

If someone was legitimately trying to debate the topic, I would've pruned it. Nobody did.

What does the number of replies have to do with anything, and how much conversation did you figure would be generated after you locked it and allowed it to sink down the page before someone with a modicum of common sense reversed your idiotic decision?

If that was legit concern of yours, you could have bumped it up if you really wanted a discussion on Ecuador. You still can if you want to.

What the fuck is that all about? Are posts about South American politics in general now verboten?

Nope, post away. It just happens that we don't get that many SA political threads with any actual discussion. It descends all too often into predictable pissing contests between the usual suspects.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:09 pm

eric84 wrote:It was locked because of the 6 replies I saw they were all of the off topic attack theme with both your enemies and allies. No attempt at any discussion of what was in the OP....and as I said, after it was unlocked, no other on topic contribution has/was made.

It's so fucking cunting strewthing fuckwholing oarsum that e-reich has been backed into a corner. His resignation can't be far now.

It just happens that we don't get that many SA political threads with any actual discussion. It descends all too often into predictable pissing contests between the usual suspects.

That's because we have a bunch of totalitarian groupie poseurs here, for whom South America and hundreds of millions of South Americans are nothing but a means to piss off Washington.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:09 pm

It descends all too often into predictable pissing contests between the usual suspects.

The usual suspects = John W. Smoke, Sodaboy, Scotty, Zara, and who else?

Can the mods change the "usual suspects" avatars to a photo of a jailbird and change the designation "stew ingredient" to "A Usual Suspect" so we know who they are.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wilster » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:37 pm

eric84 wrote:
The question is why you locked that OP?

It was locked because of the 6 replies I saw they were all of the off topic attack theme with both your enemies and allies. No attempt at any discussion of what was in the OP....and as I said, after it was unlocked, no other on topic contribution has/was made.

Wow Eric, and this was the first reply to said thread and still remains:

AnniesCat wrote:You have outdone Polardude with that title.

So what you're writing is that the above is "on" topic???

Let's see, the thread was trimmed, locked, then unlocked. Wow, you are truly a star; and you wonder...LOL...why no one is replying to the thread. Brilliant...
My moniker is Wilster. How is my posting? If you no like, write suggestions down intelligibly on paper and then...burn it.

Postby eric84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:41 pm

So what you're writing is that the above is "on" topic???

I locked it, remember? I didn't prune it.

Let's see, the thread was trimmed, locked, then unlocked. Wow, you are truly a star; and you wonder...LOL...why no one is replying to the thread. Brilliant...

Again, you are free at any point in time to go find the thread and make a valuable contribution on the latest political developments in Ecuador and I promise not to prune or lock it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Eric please go and lock that thread again. It's pointless to argue this many days about an unlocked thread.

Postby eric84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:51 pm

Ah no, no, it's the principle of the thing, right? Anyway, us mods have concluded that this is required reading for anyone brave/stupid enough to mod in the future.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:56 pm

The usual suspects = John W. Smoke, Sodaboy, Scotty, Zara, and who else?

I just read 5 pages of this dreck and I was only mentioned once at the very end.

Pathetic.

Why on God's green earth are you putting me into the same category as John Smoke and zara? You seem more interested in this type of petty bullshit then anyone Dallan.

Now fuck off, Dicklick.
-----

All you motherfuckers who didn't vote for me now have to deal with a petty, power hungry bureaucrat from the Canadian plains. Twats.

Deal with it.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:57 pm

eric84 wrote:Anyway, us mods have concluded that this is required reading for anyone brave/stupid enough to mod in the future.

You have it easy you mods these days. You should have been here early on when nothing worked, we were under DOS attack, the Admins didn't get along with the Mods and everyone in Mod-land had a drinking problem.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:58 pm

Anyhoo,

Back to soda's point about the popularity of certain posters and what they have to say.

I could start a thread about shoehorns and get at least 150 replies.
Haters wanna hate.

Postby eric84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:58 pm

Remember, I have access to the mod forum....entertaining reading.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:00 pm

Scott_Baio wrote:Why on God's green earth are you putting me into the same category as John Smoke and zara? You seem more interested in this type of petty bullshit then anyone Dallan.

Now fuck off, Dicklick.

You do have a sense of humour so you're right, you don't belong in that group. A thousand pardons.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:01 pm

eric84 wrote:Remember, I have access to the mod forum....entertaining reading.

Uh oh. Umm, just how far can you go back?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Thank you.

If this forum equates me with a John Smoke or a zara then I really need to go back to the drawing board.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wilster » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:10 pm

eric84 wrote:Again, you are free at any point in time to go find the thread and make a valuable contribution on the latest political developments in Ecuador and I promise not to prune or lock it.

Again, why would I post there? My posts were pruned (I guess the argument is that my posts were too off topic as compared to AnniesAss?), and you've already lock it once before. That ol' adage, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Daejn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:35 pm

Wilster wrote:That ol' adage, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Funny, I thought that one went "Fool me once, shame on.... shame on... you....... f..... fuh... ful.. y'can't get fooled again". Popular saying in Texas and Tennesee, I hear.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Polardude » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:35 pm

Ial
Polardude wrote:
Quote:

Wih all the shit throws on the board, he equals with good OP's about genocide and other issues. Termite/Smokey/AnnniesCaty/Eveo have nothing but abuse to offer.

How about making a point without always using your "there are others who are worse" argument, Polar?

Because, if nothing else, Termite/Smokey/AnniesCaty/Evo are only looking for a thread to cause an eruption of abuse.And I wouldsay that it is 100% of the time.
Mali

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:42 pm

You should have been here early on when nothing worked, we were under DOS attack, the Admins didn't get along with the Mods and everyone in Mod-land had a drinking problem.

On the other hand, it was not all bad. The seafood buffet was very good and the sex was often amusing.

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes