Locking topics because Eric doesn't like them

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Postby eric84 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:41 pm

Moe's gone? He was here late last week and rarely posts on weekends. Did he announce his permanent departure somewhere?

He hasn't left officially yet. My sources tell me he's on page 78 of his 300 page flounce so stay tuned.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:59 pm

:roll:

and no, hate to disappoint some of you, but moe hasn't left. nor should he, b/c as others have stated, he's an excellent contributor.

my source however revealed a couple months ago that there was a concerted & desperate attempt to get rid of a couple of us through juvenile games, like ignoring certain posters in order to ostracize them. now isn't it a coincidence that soda suddenly seems so obsessed with counting post totals?

may i ask who else is targeted and taking part in this childish campaign?
i already have my suspicions who, but i'm genuinely curious as to why.
have we regressed back to elementary school here?
Last edited by zara on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:06 pm

zara wrote::roll:

and no, hate to disappoint some of you, but moe hasn't left. nor should he, b/c as others have stated, he's an excellent contributor.

my source however revealed a couple months ago that there was a concerted & desperate attempt to get rid of a couple of us through juvenile games, like ignoring certain posters in order to ostracize them. now isn't it a coincidence that soda suddenly seems so obsessed with counting post totals?

Oh for fucks sake, get a grip on reality you poor victim. :roll:

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 pm

anyone else besides trolls with an agenda?

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:14 pm

Ian_in_DC wrote:Pigshit really isn't thick, Tina. However, we will have to defer to your intimate knowledge of shoveling the substance.

[Hmmm...somebody has a little inferiority complex for his lack of education, culture, and training. Even Soda had "studies" at university, although that's not a glaring testament to the benefits of education.]

Wow Ian thats such a lame comeback if it was a donkey it would be sent to the glue factory

Again you are projecting. Its rather sweet.
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:14 pm

"he's an excellent contributor."

Yeah, spam abuse, plenty of his posts having to be pruned becasue of his temper and spam.

my source

concerted & desperate attempt to get rid of a couple of us through juvenile games,

ignoring certain posters in order to ostracize them.

You truly are a nut job :lol:

playing outside

Postby i_have_shiny_shoes » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:15 pm

Regression would involve a prior step of actually having graduated.
Last edited by i_have_shiny_shoes on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

Postby eric84 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:15 pm

anyone else besides trolls with an agenda?

Sorry, but I was trying to ignore you.....I promise it won't happen again.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Regression would involve a prior step of actually having graduated.

point taken, but there comes a point when some can go no further back. they are quickly hitting that wall.

Sorry, but I was trying to ignore you.....I promise it won't happen again.

if anyone should remain neutral, it would be mods. feel free to keep your biased grudges to yourself.

have you a comment on the campaign? or simply more sarcasm against moe?

Postby eric84 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:25 pm

have you a comment on the campaign?

I cannot confirm or deny the existence of this campaign. I will refer you to my lawyer for any further comment.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:32 pm

it would be better to refer her to s psychiatrist.

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:34 pm

mmhmm.

well carry on then, eric. your obvious grudge and shitstirring will no doubt encourage those who participate in petty games and attacks if they figure you'll support their divisive efforts in getting rid of those you despise. in other words, they'll do your dirty work for you.

Postby eric84 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:38 pm

your obvious grudge and shitstirring will no doubt encourage those who participate in petty games and attacks if they figure you'll support their divisive efforts in getting rid of those you despise. in other words, they'll do your dirty work for you.

You're right.....I feel great shame.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:40 pm

zara wrote:mmhmm.

well carry on then, eric. your obvious grudge and shitstirring will no doubt encourage those who participate in petty games and attacks if they figure you'll support their divisive efforts in getting rid of those you despise. in other words, they'll do your dirty work for you.

Zara, tell us more about this conspiracy, were black helicopters involved?

stewbie

Postby zara » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:05 pm

eric84 wrote:You're right.....I feel great shame.

doubtful, but if you did, there'd be hope for you. i like you as a poster, voted for you and thought you'd be a great mod. it's just your power tripping, obvious bias and determination to silent any dissent that trips you up.

you may not care for his temperment, but moe is a fine poster, honest and has earned the respect of many here. so what if he has a few enemies, plenty of us do. if you want to join them in attacking moe (not talking about challenging his arguments in TP), then step down and have at it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:11 pm

You are nuts Zara, seriously get some help. Find a post where Eric has attacked Moe first as you neediness to defend Moe is making you look like a complete fool and the nut job you obviously are.

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:13 pm

I count both forum administrators: Daejn and muthafunky, and two out of three mods - eric and incognita- involved in what is basically a personal attack thread.

Interesting management philosophy and practice ...........

Postby eric84 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:21 pm

Zara, guilty on all charges....thanks for exposing this outrageous injustice. TP, just having as much as you did when you modded.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:23 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:I count both forum administrators: Daejn and muthafunky, and two out of three mods - eric and incognita- involved in what is basically a personal attack thread.

Interesting management philosophy and practice ...........

Its a message board. They dont get paid. Its a crap job. Arent they allowed to voice there opinions or do you expect them to be zen monks - silent and perfectly consistant and fair?

Bloody hell TP

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:25 pm

Good lord, have these people not got lives outside this place?

Evil Overlord

Postby Ian_in_DC » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:28 pm

Oh, a troll. How unique. Sorry, there's a mosquito buzzing in here and I think it's flying around my ear....what were we talking about again?
Last edited by Ian_in_DC on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the son of an incestuous union." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Bst6OXEUg

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:29 pm

ffs, get off your high horses ladies.

1. TCop, who cares how many responses to this thread by Moe. It doesn't prove anything as the majority of it is an attack on Moe, an attack on Anti and some defense of Moe.

2. Regarding he mods, have you guys actually read Moe's posts? All he does is bitch and moan and complain and hurl some rather vile and at times childish abuse on them. If they don't care for him, can you blame them?

3. About Eric trying to get rid of Moe. He's a mod for Christ's sake. He can ban him if he wants to get rid of him. Eric deserves praise for putting up with Moe's abuse rather than some bullshit accusation of being power hungry. Some posters have been reading Moe's bullshit a little too much after all, I suppose.

4. Zara, I know Moe was quite gallant in stepping in and defending your honour when Anti made a very inappropriate comment (which he's since apologized for, more than Moe can say), but I recall another thread some time ago where Felix and others upset you with similar comments and Moe was nowhere to be found. Moe stepped in because he doesn't mind you and despises Anti. It had nothing to do with honesty, integrity or any of that other BS. If anything, you should be offended Moe used a low blow to take another shot at a poster he doesn't like.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:42 pm

seamus in yet another nail head interface

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:47 pm

AntiEverything wrote:seamus in yet another nail head interface

Yes, he has.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:55 pm

ial2002 wrote:
All he does is bitch and moan and complain and hurl some rather vile and at times childish abuse on them. If they don't care for him, can you blame them?

Again, that is completely false and baseless.

Can I suggest you do a search?

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:02 pm

TP, just having as much as you did when you modded

Incorrect.
There just weren't as many the first time I modded, and don't recall any mod or admin participation.
Second time, personal attack threads were either toasted or more likely sent to the Toilet.
In short order, the fruit flies trained themselves to just post them there in the first place. Mods did not participate much if at all in the Toilet except to flush occasionally as a sanitary measure.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:05 pm

ial2002 wrote:
All he does is bitch and moan and complain and hurl some rather vile and at times childish abuse on them. If they don't care for him, can you blame them?

Again, that is completely false and baseless.

No way, Moe is one of the most abusive posters on here, he is forever throwing foul mouthed abuse at Eric. They guy is a prize idiot, pure and simple. I can't think of another poster who gets his postings pruned so often for spamming and abuse. i will concede he does occasionally post some interesting stuff and is knowledgeable in certain areas, but he lets himself down due to his inability to control his temper and his constant need to have at least eight or nine feuds ongoing at anyone time.

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:07 pm

Moe is one of the most abusive posters on here, he is forever throwing foul mouthed abuse at Eric

followed immediately by
They guy is a prize idiot, pure and simple.

Classic, pure gold.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AnniesCat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:11 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:
Moe is one of the most abusive posters on here, he is forever throwing foul mouthed abuse at Eric

followed immediately by

Classic, pure gold.

If you think that 'prize idiot' is foul mouthed abuse, you should leave your mommy's house and get out more.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:12 pm

RAYZISTS!!! No one should make fun of Somali refugees.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:12 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:

followed immediately by

Classic, pure gold.

You've got it backwards.

For being...

"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby Daejn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:20 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:I count both forum administrators: Daejn and muthafunky, and two out of three mods - eric and incognita- involved in what is basically a personal attack thread.

Is this an attack thread? Seems it started out as a thread about certain moderating decisions, and has evolved into a discussion of Moe's contributions as a poster. My involvement has been with the latter.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:40 pm

Daejn wrote:

Is this an attack thread? Seems it started out as a thread about certain moderating decisions, and has evolved into a discussion of Moe's contributions as a poster. My involvement has been with the latter.

Indeed it was, Moe personally attacking Eric.

Perhaps TP should go back to page one and reread.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:30 am

zara wrote:mmhmm.

Complete and utter bullshit. I thought you were leaving because people pick on you? And here you are attacking yet another poster.

Stew Ingredient

Postby crossfire » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:37 am

4. Zara, I know Moe was quite gallant in stepping in and defending your honour when Anti made a very inappropriate comment (which he's since apologized for, more than Moe can say), but I recall another thread some time ago where Felix and others upset you with similar comments and Moe was nowhere to be found. Moe stepped in because he doesn't mind you and despises Anti. It had nothing to do with honesty, integrity or any of that other BS. If anything, you should be offended Moe used a low blow to take another shot at a poster he doesn't like.

Much like Soda's argument as to why Moe has low replies, the above is completely made of assumptions not backed with any facts. Not everyone sees everything that goes on here or is said. You choose to see the above situation as Moe using a situation to attack a poster he didn't like but willfully ignoring a similar situation because he liked that poster. It could have easily been that he didn't see it which is why he was no where to be found. That would be a more likely scenario given the nature of any forum. Nobody here has all the info on all the feuds going on here. I for one don't really know what the feud is between Tina and others here for example and a few other feuds.

Indeed it was, Moe personally attacking Eric.

And why, pray tell? Because Eric is mod and his complaint is about his job. This is not a personal attack in the true sense. If Eric were not a mod, would this thread even exist? Of course not. This is a feedback OP.

I beleive users have a right to complain about how things are run. Look at the shitstorm created when Zara was mod. It seemed ok to attack her over her job as mod but when Eric gets attack, Moe is in the wrong and just angry individual. Seriously you guys are hypocrites. And look how trolls like anniecats have to jump in and still slag Zara for something that happened almost 2 years ago. Good grief, let it go! You need to get that life you were complaining that other people here lack, anniecats.

Personally I don't know if Eric is in the right or the wrong but Moe has a right to complain about Eric if he feels he is abusing his duties as a mod. As it is, this thread has gone way off on a considerable tangent with soda's ridiculous thread popularity assessment and the Tina-Ian-Felix love triangle.

I suggest a three-way split for the different discussions here. One thread the main OP for the discussion of Eric locking threads. Another thread on soda's exhaustive statistical analysis on the quantity of replies versus the quality of the poster. A third thread for Ian-Tina-Felix to duke it out. Oh, and put the cat out before it pees all over the place and we can't get the smell out.
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:51 am

I suggest a three-way split for the different discussions here. One thread the main OP for the discussion of Eric locking threads. Another thread on soda's exhaustive statistical analysis on the quantity of replies versus the quality of the poster. A third thread for Ian-Tina-Felix to duke it out. Oh, and put the cat out before it pees all over the place and we can't get the smell out.

Now here's some funny shit!

Incorrigible Testiclast

Postby crzypt » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:46 am

joeyramone wrote:RAYZISTS!!! No one should make fun of Somali refugees.

Yo Joe !

Whaddya call a starving Somali woman with a yeast infection?

A quarter-pounder with cheese !
I yam what I yam....except when I'm a sweet potato

Stew Ingredient

Postby muthafunky » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:43 am

I count both forum administrators: Daejn and muthafunky, and two out of three mods - eric and incognita- involved in what is basically a personal attack thread.

Well don't forget I'm just a tech admin and I don't take part in the moderation/ enforcing of rules/ etc. Besides the fact that no one wants me moderator, I wanted things to stay this way to insure I can take part in attack threads!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:09 am

Tcop-

This is so dishonest. Eric and his lapdogs are attacking Moe.

Daejn, mutha and incog are not. They may be involved in this "personal attack thread", but only on the side of defusing the squabble, not adding to it.

Eric, you're wrong on this. And since I voted for for sorry, sniping ass, I feel I have the right to say: Why don't you just shut up?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:51 am

mutha is fixing
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:01 am

Crossfire, the example I gave was one of many I've seen. The pattern is too consistent.

Regarding Moe's OP, it wasn't an innocent complaint/feedback to the mods, it was typically abusive.

Lost Soul, you shut the fuck up. I don't agree with everything Eric/mods do, but what's right is right and I ain't blind to what's going on. Like somebody said about me, it's not like I'm going on other political boards and feuding. Seems to be a consistent pattern with some posters while others can behave with others as well as on other boards.

You reap what you sow. There are no lapdogs here, plenty of people agree that Moe has lots to offer but chooses to be a prick anyways. It is what it is.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:28 am

This thing's still going on? Huh.

For the record, I find Moe interesting and entertaining, even (especially?) when he's bashing the mods. It's his thing.

Didn't think he was gone. I still don't. Hope he's not.

And even after all these years, I feel I don't really know the first thing about him.

Anyway, I like ice cream. Carry on.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

stewbie

Postby zara » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:52 am

It doesn't prove anything as the majority of it is an attack on Moe, an attack on Anti and some defense of Moe.

wrong, the majority of posters were not attacking moe, it just seems that way b/c their reasonable responses were drowned out by the minority who have an ax to grind.

i might add that those defending moe and his argument here, are those who know him best having posted alongside him for many years. most of those attacking him, are fairly new to this forum, yet presume to lecture and complain about a long term poster's character simply b/c moe dares to shine a big spotlight on their flawed arguments.

All he does is bitch and moan and complain and hurl some rather vile and at times childish abuse on them.

as ial pointed out, that is a blatant lie... launched from a trebuchet in a glass house no less.

Zara, I know Moe was quite gallant in stepping in and defending your honour...

no, you keep bypassing a critical point. moe did what did b/c he has integrity and he knows when someone has crossed the line with a deeply personal attack using recent tragic circumstances as a weapon. stop minimizing, glossing over and deflecting the blame from the person who was responsible for the "inappropriate" comment. that is a truly weak position and frankly insulting that you keep using moe to make excuses for that vile attack. there are no excuses. that bridge is torched. so drop it.

~

as for dallan (becoming predictable), might i remind you of your own criticisms here:

dallan: I don't see anything wrong with the Ecuador post. Why was it locked?

moe: Eric either spams every thread I make about South America or he locks it altogether. His rage towards me clouds what little judgement he might otherwise be able to muster.

dallan: There's too much thread locking going on.

the intended purpose of this branch is to sound off on issues that posters feel need improvement. and quite a few posters on this thread, yourself included, have made legitimate criticisms of locked threads and mod actions... just as i have done in expressing my concerns over eric's conflicted neutrality. i simply feel that he ought to remove himself from decisions or actions involving said poster, just as some of us past mods did voluntarily if we felt our impartiality with specific individuals would be questioned or compromised.

otherwise give up the lock and key, take off the gloves and get in the ring with moe on equal footing... so i can sell tickets to the main event.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:37 am

soda-
For those who actually support Moe here, can someone post a link of Moe debating politics?

In others words - show us a thread with a reasonable number of replies, where Moe discusses any subject in the politics branch WITHOUT ABUSE.

You mean besides this one?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:17 am

This thing's still going on? Huh.

For the record, I find Moe interesting and entertaining, even (especially?) when he's bashing the mods. It's his thing.

The gangs all here now.

fuck off, you lying cunt.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:19 am

So let me get this straight, t-cop. If I post in this thread, I'm "participating in an attack thread"?

What are you doing here then?

thoughtpolice wrote:fuck off, you lying cunt.

Oh, I see.

And while you're at it, whose attack thread is this? I thought Moe was attacking the mods in his OP.

Or are you just trying to get us to delete this thread? And if so, does everyone else want that to happen?
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby muthafunky » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:33 am

I suppose I took part in the attacking as I called soda dishonest. Of course, I also said his posts were interesting. So attack + love!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:37 am

And if so, does everyone else want that to happen?

Hell no. The first page is priceless. Forward this thread to Geneva for an addendum to the universal convention on poster abuse.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes