Roadwarrior thread locked?

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Pain in the ass

Postby Lulu » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:01 pm

keeee-rist, what is Tcop so angry about? And what exactly is it that Zara has to reveal that is so earth-shatteringly important? If anything, Zara needs to take those saved threads going back for years, take them to a mental health professional, and completely disengage herself from this board. Her mental state seems to be as fragile as chimes, and the fact that she blames it on other posters' responses or even LACK of responses to her posts is alarming.

Not only is the warped emotional investment some of you have in the place perplexing, but the power you impute to the mods is absurd. They are just posters like us, for crying out loud, who have taken on some extra responsibility in maintenance and occasional editing when necessary (and yes, "when necessary" is often highly debatable here). I also concur that muthafunky has been the perfect stabilizing force for the place, and his efforts are much appreciated. But the board is essentially run by the posters.

As for this "task force" nonsense, who needs it? Did you assign titles to yourselves too? What a lot of pomp and circumstance. If anyone has an idea to increase traffic here, throw it out to the board and offer some ideas on how to implement it. You don't need a frickin' five-year plan and investigatory committee complete with PowerPoint presentations - just start a thread on it. Jesus.

The board is doing fine. Lonely Planet had an enormous pool of browsers from which to suck new posters in to TP. Unless we want to start a publishing empire for losers, we aren't going to have hordes of lost and wayward souls to snap up, and attrition is going to be natural, NOT because of the evil demonstrated by the all-powerful mods. I'm so sick of the crybabies insinuating the lost potential greatness of the place that would have come to fruition if only it weren't for the slights they suffered at the hands of whoever their chosen demon is. It's bullshit. It would probably be gone in a puff of smoke by now, you're so damned meddling and sure of the powers you allude to but never demonstrate.

And beyond that, add me to the list of those who don't give a shit about whatever it is you think it is so important to reveal here.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:07 pm

If anyone has an idea to increase traffic here, throw it out to the board and offer some ideas on how to implement it. You don't need a frickin' five-year plan and investigatory committee complete with PowerPoint presentations - just start a thread on it. Jesus.

That's actually a very good idea.

stewed

Postby AnnieOakley » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:18 pm

Nametags. Everybody should wear nametags.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Epicurus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:23 pm

keeee-rist, what is Tcop so angry about? And what exactly is it that Zara has to reveal that is so earth-shatteringly important? If anything, Zara needs to take those saved threads going back for years, take them to a mental health professional, and completely disengage herself from this board. Her mental state seems to be as fragile as chimes, and the fact that she blames it on other posters' responses or even LACK of responses to her posts is alarming.

Not only is the warped emotional investment some of you have in the place perplexing, but the power you impute to the mods is absurd. They are just posters like us, for crying out loud, who have taken on some extra responsibility in maintenance and occasional editing when necessary (and yes, "when necessary" is often highly debatable here). I also concur that muthafunky has been the perfect stabilizing force for the place, and his efforts are much appreciated. But the board is essentially run by the posters.

As for this "task force" nonsense, who needs it? Did you assign titles to yourselves too? What a lot of pomp and circumstance. If anyone has an idea to increase traffic here, throw it out to the board and offer some ideas on how to implement it. You don't need a frickin' five-year plan and investigatory committee complete with PowerPoint presentations - just start a thread on it. Jesus.

The board is doing fine. Lonely Planet had an enormous pool of browsers from which to suck new posters in to TP. Unless we want to start a publishing empire for losers, we aren't going to have hordes of lost and wayward souls to snap up, and attrition is going to be natural, NOT because of the evil demonstrated by the all-powerful mods. I'm so sick of the crybabies insinuating the lost potential greatness of the place that would have come to fruition if only it weren't for the slights they suffered at the hands of whoever their chosen demon is. It's bullshit. It would probably be gone in a puff of smoke by now, you're so damned meddling and sure of the powers you allude to but never demonstrate.

And beyond that, add me to the list of those who don't give a shit about whatever it is you think it is so important to reveal here.

Absolutely.

Worth repeating:

Stew Ingredient

Postby methuselah » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Epicurus wrote:

Absolutely.

Worth repeating:

Yep. There are a couple cliques here who have built their nests and think they own the place. They love to play with newcomers and show their vast superiority in everything which is nothing really. They're amused quite easily. Very small people.
If you look out your window as the sun's going down, I'll be there by the side of the road, And I'll ride you away from the dirty down town, An ne'er again leave you alone
T-Bone Burnett

Stew Ingredient

Postby q5qreloaded » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:27 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:Nametags. Everybody should wear nametags.
and cowbells. we need more cowbells.

Pain in the ass

Postby Lulu » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:36 pm

Also, one thing of primary importance over anything else that I want from the mods is a sense that they are trustworthy and stable enough NOT to collect information on posters and each other so they can use it against someone next time they are miffed or feeling mischievous. In that, I feel completely at ease with this team. But now I'm starting to wonder about some of the past ones. These grudges are bizarre.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:37 pm

Awesome, Lulu. Brilliant.

As for the British MP, any serious reason why he couldn't post a weakly thread on Political Stew in its current format?
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:40 pm

Lulu wrote:Also, one thing of primary importance over anything else that I want from the mods is a sense that they are trustworthy and stable enough NOT to collect information on posters and each other so they can use it against someone next time they are miffed or feeling mischievous. In that, I feel completely at ease with this team. But now I'm starting to wonder about some of the past ones. These grudges are bizarre.

Very true, for all the bitching from the usual suspects, I suspect Pez, Eric, Incog and Daejn are far and away better than the previous mods. I just don't see them on Sound off! 2 years from now pissing and moaning and rehasing and threatening to reveal PMs/Mod threads etc. Very trustworthy.
"I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."

Stew Ingredient

Postby Epicurus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:42 pm

Also, one thing of primary importance over anything else that I want from the mods is a sense that they are trustworthy and stable enough NOT to collect information on posters and each other so they can use it against someone next time they are miffed or feeling mischievous. In that, I feel completely at ease with this team. But now I'm starting to wonder about some of the past ones. These grudges are bizarre.

Again, I agree completely. Zara and TP (whom I both like a great deal) are way out of line here.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:47 pm

Hold the front page - I have a idea never thought of before

We should scrap names

We should scrap avatars

In there place everyone should be given a number.

And so that we can quickly identify the type of poster we should give everyone a symbol. Triangle, Star of David. That sort of thing.
Take note of the above comment. It may change your life.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 pm

SeamusMcCool wrote:Very true, for all the bitching from the usual suspects, I suspect Pez, Eric, Incog and Daejn are far and away better than the previous mods.

Bastard!

Stew Ingredient

Postby candy is dandy but... » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:51 pm

Lulu wrote:Also, one thing of primary importance over anything else that I want from the mods is a sense that they are trustworthy and stable enough NOT to collect information on posters and each other so they can use it against someone next time they are miffed or feeling mischievous. In that, I feel completely at ease with this team. But now I'm starting to wonder about some of the past ones. These grudges are bizarre.

Yup
I want my fucking money back

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:14 pm

Dallan wrote:
SeamusMcCool wrote:Very true, for all the bitching from the usual suspects, I suspect Pez, Eric, Incog and Daejn are far and away better than the previous mods.

Bastard!

LOL. Collectively. Sound better?

Stew Ingredient

Postby muthafunky » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:33 pm

Also, one thing of primary importance over anything else that I want from the mods is a sense that they are trustworthy and stable enough NOT to collect information on posters and each other so they can use it against someone next time they are miffed

Agree completely.

Pain in the ass

Postby Lulu » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:48 pm

Just to be clear on one more point so that I'm not misread. We've had many good mods here, some of them posting on this thread such as IHSS, Rich and Dallan. It seems we don't really know what is going on until resignations, when true colors are shown. This thread has been highly revealing of that. (Also, I agree with Seamus, I can't see the current mod team pulling the same nonsense down the line).

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:58 pm

The current mod team is excellent imo.

I would suggest that in the future there should be a veto allowed by Mutha if a mod is elected that might not be trustworthy. There's some private stuff they have access to and we don't want the situation we're seeing here repeated, should another immature mod get in and start copying stuff and threatening to post it.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:13 pm

I would suggest that in the future there should be a veto allowed by Mutha if a mod is elected that might not be trustworthy. There's some private stuff they have access to and we don't want the situation we're seeing here repeated, should another immature mod get in and start copying stuff and threatening to post it.

Agreed. The fact that zara copied the modland discussions is a clear indicator that we, as a community, allowed a paranoid schizo access to our personbal information. The damage is already done but we need to insure that it never happens again.

So when do I start?

Edited to add: Lulu is probably one of the best posters on this forum besides myself.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby joeyramone » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:20 pm

The current mod team let smokey basically fuck with this place far longer than alias or rosie. Bad on them.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Epicurus wrote:

Again, I agree completely. Zara and TP (whom I both like a great deal) are way out of line here.

Out of line in what way?
Here is what I have raised in this thread:
1) Frank (on my part) discussions with the Lying Cunt. They need not concern anybody else. if you want to get personally involved in this one, wear your heavy boots.
2) Polciy queries regarding the posting of modland/task force material, and almost entirely material that involves people no longer here. The current crew have all thought it was meaningless, which logically (to me at least) means they do not care either way. if it is meaningful, let us hear why. The assumption that somehow it condemns anybody on todays mod team is entirely speculative, and their involvement would have to be incidental since none of them were in management until long after.

You see, I'm one of those dumb fucks who sees the management as being responsible for tone and more importantly- policy. So, what is the policy? I'll tell you straight up why this interests me so much. Last year, I followed what was clearly our policy on posting of PMs on two occasions. Soon after the second incident, i was backstabbed by at least one of the current team. I can understand his discomfiture at getting called out now, but tough shit and all that, his action was considered, deliberate and outright nasty.

In the abscence of the TOS, I'd like very much to know what specifically is the policy on posting both PMs and old modland/task force material here. We surely have a policy by now...... If not maybe we could start with a simple question. is posting of PMs a bannable offence?

And if it is all meaningless, so what? 90%+ of all threads here are meaningless, and that is being both honest and generous.

Y'all are quite welcome to think I'm a complete arsehole for asking the questions, but I sincerely do not care.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:26 pm

FFS TP get over yourself

What a whiny little fuck

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:33 pm

joeyramone wrote:The current mod team let smokey basically fuck with this place far longer than alias or rosie. Bad on them.

Harmless posters, all three of them, we are talking about trust and personal info.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Epicurus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:39 pm

Out of line in what way?
Here is what I have raised in this thread:
1) Frank (on my part) discussions with the Lying Cunt. They need not concern anybody else. if you want to get personally involved in this one, wear your heavy boots.
2) Polciy queries regarding the posting of modland/task force material, and almost entirely material that involves people no longer here. The current crew have all thought it was meaningless, which logically (to me at least) means they do not care either way. if it is meaningful, let us hear why. The assumption that somehow it condemns anybody on todays mod team is entirely speculative, and their involvement would have to be incidental since none of them were in management until long after.

You see, I'm one of those dumb fucks who sees the management as being responsible for tone and more importantly- policy. So, what is the policy? I'll tell you straight up why this interests me so much. Last year, I followed what was clearly our policy on posting of PMs on two occasions. Soon after the second incident, i was backstabbed by at least one of the current team. I can understand his discomfiture at getting called out now, but tough shit and all that, his action was considered, deliberate and outright nasty.

In the abscence of the TOS, I'd like very much to know what specifically is the policy on posting both PMs and old modland/task force material here. We surely have a policy by now...... If not maybe we could start with a simple question. is posting of PMs a bannable offence?

And if it is all meaningless, so what? 90%+ of all threads here are meaningless, and that is being both honest and generous.

Y'all are quite welcome to think I'm a complete arsehole for asking the questions, but I sincerely do not care.

TP -

I don't, and guess that most people don't, see the mod responsibility as being management. I see it is a few poster-volunteers facilitating the smooth running of the site, I see the TOS as something to be interpreted, not absolute rules. I don't think there is right and wrong to the greek-incident or the banning of Felix, I see different points of view. I see you calling Daejn a cunt wrong but between the two of you, you had different views on how to handle the situation, neither was held for malicious reasons, just different views honestly held. That is the nub of the matter: there is no right or wrong, just different views and the right or wrong should mostly be based on outcome rather than principle. I think you are overly driven by principle but principle requires context and I dont see why we need such a black/white ethically based interpretation of rules here.

The only fundamental issue of integrity is that mods are given access to info not available to the user and to justify giving any information thus gleamed out in public seems to me to be a total breach of the trust of all the members, not just those directly involved.

red fanged She-devil

Postby incognita » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:41 pm

Frankly Tcop, I don't think posting modland discussions is a good idea, it sets a bad precedent.

As far as what happened a year ago, or more, it's not all that important. Has anyone been arrested, gone bankrupt or lost a job because of it? Has anyone's life been impacted in a serious way? None of that happened, as far as I know.

Lulu said it far better than I did.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Hamburglar

Postby salmonid » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:46 pm

Has anyone's life been impacted in a serious way?

Apparently, it has. I can't believe I wasted 5 minutes of my life skimming through this dreck. Some people really ought to re-evalute what the Internet means to them.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Epicurus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:48 pm

as an aside, I think what these issues demonstrate is that all mods, past and present, do take the role of mod seriously. It is not or ever was random decision making.

Stew Ingredient

Postby AntiEverything » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Epicurus wrote:It is not or ever was random decision making.

Which is a pity. Nothing like random acts of moderation to stir things up a bit. Great fun

Stew Ingredient

Postby thoughtpolice » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks for your comments Epicurus and Incognita.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:11 pm

thoughtpolice wrote:Thanks for your comments Epicurus and Incognita.

You should thank, Anti too. His were the most helpful.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Lulu is so fucking sexy I could cream myself.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

special sauce

Postby justinian » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Felix wrote:Lulu is so fucking sexy I could cream myself.

Eye degree, but does she talk so much when she is having a normal conversation?
The HOFF, people! Knight Fuckin' RIDER right in the reclining chair section!! -- nettie

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm

If I were single, I'd ask her to hate-fuck me.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...

Pain in the ass

Postby Lulu » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:54 pm

God this has turned into a great thread.

arrogant Yankee cokehead

Postby Felix » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:01 pm

I never thought I'd end up bird-chasing.

Stew Ingredient

Postby SeamusMcCool » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:21 pm

Felix is a sato!

Stew Ingredient

Postby macunaima » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:04 am

This is the best active thread on the Stew.
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

Stew Ingredient

Postby crossfire » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:48 am

If it's all water under the bridge then why these empassionate longwinded speeches for not posting the modland discussion of the past? If it doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter. Publish and be damn as it were.
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Daejn » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:59 am

thoughtpolice wrote:Here is what I have raised in this thread:

Hi!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Daejn » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:08 am

Epicurus wrote:I see the TOS as something to be interpreted, not absolute rules. I don't think there is right and wrong to the greek-incident or the banning of Felix, I see different points of view. I see you calling Daejn a cunt wrong but between the two of you, you had different views on how to handle the situation, neither was held for malicious reasons, just different views honestly held. That is the nub of the matter: there is no right or wrong, just different views and the right or wrong should mostly be based on outcome rather than principle. I think you are overly driven by principle but principle requires context and I dont see why we need such a black/white ethically based interpretation of rules here.

This is why I miss Epicurus / RichD as a mod.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Dallan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:30 am

zara wrote:still waiting on jon's permission.

Yeah, I suppose if everyone agrees, that's ok.

just to be clear, whom do you mean by 'everyone'?

and are off-site IM remarks also permissable?

i don't want to take the time to post and have the mods use it against me by finally getting the excuse for a banning some of them would dearly love to have.

my c&ps will be restricted to the issue surrounding manos and the modland upheaval. i will respectfully avoid reposting any comments or details that would compromise someone's privacy, etc.

I don't see why they need to be posted, surely you can paraphrase the gist of them.

it's pretty obvious, is it not? this is once again turning into a trial by fire and it doesn't matter what i or shmish have said, we're found guilty of crimes we did not commit while others betray us with their silence or twisted/half-truths and get off scot-free. the lies, myths and conspiracy theories surrounding the whole manos affair keep growing and getting more vindictive with each time this issue arises and it's time to lay it to rest with what exactly went on.

i realize that it's too much to expect everyone to use some objectivity and reason, and frankly, i really don't care what the lunatics and liars think - they've had their revisionist agenda from the beginning and this likely won't stop it completely, but the bs is now starting to affect the re-telling by those who should know better.

for anyone who is in fact interested in the truth, i will provide what i can with honesty and as much detail as is necessary to give proper context to the issue. it ain't going to happen over-night, i can tell you that much.

I am curious what you are so obviously upset about.

where within my detached and virtual lack of involvement above, is it obvious that i'm "upset"? while i most certainly do have good cause to be angered by the pack of lies and attacks above, i'm not actually. they're bs is becoming all too predictable. and i'm just fed up and resigned to the fact that it doesn't matter what i say anymore, b/c these circular arguments wind up going nowhere and the tireless, obsessive screamers inevitably get away with their "lynching" (cow's own word and intent wrt to me), while others get elbowed out of the thread, remain understandably uninvolved or start believing those perpetual lies.

showing ppl what actually went down may be far more convincing than trying to defend myself against the BS. we all know where that lead in the massively unresolved, twisted airconditioning thread.

~

speaking of which, would pez mind posting or forwarding me those "cliffnotes" she's supposed to have send by PM to others as stated earlier on this or the other roadwarrior thread. interesting.

Speaking of revisionism I see the editing of this one has already started. This little gem must be preserved in its entirety.

Stew Ingredient

Postby macunaima » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:38 am

ppl, what time does the weekend of doom start?
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:49 am

Lulu is so fucking sexy I could cream myself.

You trying to hit on my chicken?

I recognized Lulu's genius months ago.....so step aside Flex-Pile.

Belch.
Haters wanna hate.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:49 am

Lulu is a goddess. I've always known it, but this thread really confirms it.

And I agree with what Daejn said about RichD too.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:53 am

Lulu is a goddess.

Absolutely. But all these clowns are NOW figuring it out?

I was on the Lulu bandwagon for a long time now.

Recognize.
Haters wanna hate.

special sauce

Postby justinian » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:06 am

Dudes, I've been on it since she was a uliuli.

This is one very fucked up thread.
The HOFF, people! Knight Fuckin' RIDER right in the reclining chair section!! -- nettie

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:13 am

Lulu,

Marry me?

We'll run off together and start our own parakeet sanctuary in Costa Rica.
Haters wanna hate.

special sauce

Postby justinian » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:19 am

I always knew that you had a sweet and romantic side, Chach.

Almost brought a tear to my eyes.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Fritz101 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:44 am

Roadie, if you still care so much about the dismal failure this place is, why don't you create a new board and implement your plan?

Exactly.
You're a self-centered cunt who's pissed off because he's not controlling this board.

Fuck off back to your netherworld and play Spider-Man 3 on your Wii.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Scott_Baio » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:53 am

Get in his ass Fritz.....get in his ass.

Roadie really fucked himself on this thread. A decent poster who had a great deal of respect from the board he tried to control is now seen as a whiny little beotch who is only interested in a little bit of finger wagging.
Haters wanna hate.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Fritz101 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:55 am

'Roadie' is a stupid asshole who only comes back here when his name is mentioned in a thread.

What a prick.

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes