Jono In Adelaide

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Stew Ingredient

Re: Jono In Adelaide

Postby Bluedoglover » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm

I have been in touch with Jono's brother in law and sent him the link to this thread. He told me his wife and other family members had read the posts and were very touched by them.
You are what you is-Frank Zappa

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping him up-Jesse Jackson

Stew Ingredient

Postby muthafunky » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:14 pm

God, this was fucking horrible to read. I saw it on Facebook and couldn't believe it. Jono was a top notch guy, and I have chatted with him for years here, on Facebook, on IM, over email. I knew he'd had his troubles with depression, but I guess I didn't appreciate how bad they were. I thought his worst days were behind him, I didn't really know.

Though he'd tapered off posting here of late and wasn't really involved with modding anymore, he was a long time mod and admin (a while back). During some of the darkest days of Stew leadership when we had the firestorm of the Greeks and Task Force and the early days after that he and I used to chat a lot over IM about what was going on and I felt like he really kept me sane, he was the one guy I felt like I was on the same page with when talking about the quirky personalities you find on this site.

One funny story, going way back to the thorn tree days. I used to host a site with pictures of Talk Politics posters and he had sent me a few to post including one of him wearing short, tight shorts and leaning on a car. He said to pick the photo I liked best and I told him I wasn't going to post that one because he looked like a homo. This was before he was out and years later he remembered that story and related it to me after I'd sent him a congrats PM to his coming out post. He said I must have good gaydar, possibly the only time I've been told this.

So many sad stories on the Stew these days.

Stew Ingredient

Postby queenrania » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:51 pm

muthafunky wrote:God, this was fucking horrible to read. I saw it on Facebook and couldn't believe it. Jono was a top notch guy, and I have chatted with him for years here, on Facebook, on IM, over email. I knew he'd had his troubles with depression, but I guess I didn't appreciate how bad they were. I thought his worst days were behind him, I didn't really know.

Though he'd tapered off posting here of late and wasn't really involved with modding anymore, he was a long time mod and admin (a while back). During some of the darkest days of Stew leadership when we had the firestorm of the Greeks and Task Force and the early days after that he and I used to chat a lot over IM about what was going on and I felt like he really kept me sane, he was the one guy I felt like I was on the same page with when talking about the quirky personalities you find on this site.

One funny story, going way back to the thorn tree days. I used to host a site with pictures of Talk Politics posters and he had sent me a few to post including one of him wearing short, tight shorts and leaning on a car. He said to pick the photo I liked best and I told him I wasn't going to post that one because he looked like a homo. This was before he was out and years later he remembered that story and related it to me after I'd sent him a congrats PM to his coming out post. He said I must have good gaydar, possibly the only time I've been told this.

So many sad stories on the Stew these days.

Thanks for posting this....

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Postby Espina » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Tragic news. I never met him in person but he came across as a person at peace with himself. Deepest condolences to his his family and those closest to him.

Stew Ingredient

Postby brettyb » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Wow, this must have happened when I was on hiatus from posting.

Nice to see such heartfelt, moving comments above. Jono will be missed immensely, so sorry to hear that he passed away.
Sacred cows make the best hamburgers

Stew Ingredient

Postby foolsprogress » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:23 am

God this is hard.

Regretting checking in.

Jono was a beautiful person.

Can't read the thread.

Trite as it may be,

RIP
Let me live in a house by the side of the road...

Incorrigible Testiclast

Postby crzypt » Sat May 23, 2015 7:17 pm

He was what my social circle calls A Good Man, and I will always remember him that way

Rest In Peace, Jono
I yam what I yam....except when I'm a sweet potato

Stew Ingredient

Postby kirrabi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:02 am

When his mother died I said I wish I was there to give you a hug and a kiss. I never say that. It was because he was such a beautiful man.
His gizzard was stuffed so full of rubies he sounded like a bag of marbles when he waddled past the Mogok checkpoint and anyone who saw him would swear he had been force fed for the purpose of making a fine foie gras. – A passage from Legends of the Duck

Stew Ingredient

Postby kirrabi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:31 am

From his photos he reminded me of a young Orson Welles.
His gizzard was stuffed so full of rubies he sounded like a bag of marbles when he waddled past the Mogok checkpoint and anyone who saw him would swear he had been force fed for the purpose of making a fine foie gras. – A passage from Legends of the Duck

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:57 pm

kirrabi wrote:It was because he was such a beautiful man.

He really was.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Kape » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Just the other day I read through an old thread of mine and found this. He was a good man.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:08 am

It's been a year. Missing Jono. Good man.

ETA he's still listed as a member of the moderator team. :cry:
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Wellpisser » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:13 am

I so wished I'd met him. We missed each other in Darwin 2 or so years back.

I drank way too much one evening in January with another stewbie talking about Jono.

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 pm

It's been a year. Missing Jono. Good man.

X2

It was terribly sad when reading about his death
Postby Citizen Baba » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 pm
"I got a bad case of giardia in Burma too. Shit my hotel bed in Bangkok"

vegemite flavored maple syrup

Postby guruwil » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:55 am

A previous post on streeterville where Jono came up and an accidental click on famous dishes just brought me here and reading this with a few glasses of wine on board have brought tears to my eyes. I miss you Jono.
An it harm none, do what ye will

A duly ordained Minister of the Unversal Life Church call me Reverend.

We are all Atheists about most gods, some of us just go one god further.

judik wrote:Guruwil was right!!!!!!!!!!

jono_in_adelaide wrote:I think Guru is right on this one

Previous

Return to Famous Dishes