Malaysia Airlines 777-200

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Stew Ingredient

Re: Malaysia Airlines 777-200

Postby THFKATD » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 am

ZAffer wrote:A SAILOR has told Australian authorities she saw a burning Boeing 777 near Thailand the morning MH370 disappeared.
Katherine Tee said she was sailing across the Indian Ocean in March when she saw what she believes was the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 billowing black smoke across the night sky.

And for what reason does she only come forward after 2 months other than two have her 5 minutes of fame?
No Allah No Cry

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:32 am

She was busy? It DOES explain it in the article. Have you tried reading it?
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby THFKATD » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am

oh yeah fuckloads of people are missing, but she was busy thinking she went crazy, whilst this news was everywhere in the headlines.
Most likely she is crazy and making this all up
No Allah No Cry

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:48 am

Lame:

“So when we hit land everyone was talking about the missing plane and asking if we’d seen anything. Since I doubted what I saw and was emotionally in a bad way, I brushed over what I thought I’d seen … Besides, I thought they’d find it,” she said
Citizen Baba: Have you not learned yet that pretend rescuing women doesn't get you laid anymore than being a pretend Brooklyn hipster does?"

Stew Ingredient

"Show me da teevee money!!!"

Postby WhosieWho » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Opportunist.
Maybe one too high on Thai stick.
(Is it still called that?)
11/9/2016: National Hangover Day.

Stew Ingredient

Postby FUUZ » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 pm

A clever ruse by the Conspiracy Cabal who ordered the disaster.
As I wander and chunder, I ponder and wonder.
I'm Slumming in Bedlam. Amuse me.

Stew Ingredient

Postby korgy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 pm

THFKATD wrote:oh yeah fuckloads of people are missing, but she was busy thinking she went crazy, whilst this news was everywhere in the headlines.
Most likely she is crazy and making this all up
WhosieWho wrote:Opportunist.
Maybe one too high on Thai stick.
(Is it still called that?)

from Zaffer's article:
...media reports at the weekend about the embattled search for the missing plane prompted the couple to recheck their sailing logs.
“But tonight I heard that they were looking in the wrong place, so HWMO (her husband) and I looked back through our GPS logs and lo and behold, what we saw was consistent with the confirmed contact which the authorities had from MH370,” she said.
Mr Horn, 50, then posted maps of their yacht’s route on sailing website, Cruisers’ Forum, where they discovered that their yacht was in the vicinity of one of MH370’s projected flight paths on the night it disappeared.
_______ & _______ '16!

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:13 am

$5 million.

Some family members of the missing passengers on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have launched a campaign raising up to $5 million for anyone who will help solve the mystery of what happened to the plane.

The “Reward MH370” campaign, which launched Sunday on the fundraising website Indiegogo, is a grassroots effort by loved ones on-board the flight to “uncover clues not yet discovered, and to pursue that evidence without interference from parties who are also liability holders in this case,” according to the campaign’s web page.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/2014/06/08/families-missing-malaysia-plane-offer-whistle-blower-reward/wfQfbaSGq7fJe2CD9mxpcO/story.html
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 am

northern_goddess wrote:$5 million.

Some family members of the missing passengers on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have launched a campaign raising up to $5 million for anyone who will help solve the mystery of what happened to the plane.

The “Reward MH370” campaign, which launched Sunday on the fundraising website Indiegogo, is a grassroots effort by loved ones on-board the flight to “uncover clues not yet discovered, and to pursue that evidence without interference from parties who are also liability holders in this case,” according to the campaign’s web page.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/2014/06/08/families-missing-malaysia-plane-offer-whistle-blower-reward/wfQfbaSGq7fJe2CD9mxpcO/story.html

Get on it Zaffer with your decompression and tracking disablement/lithium battery fire theory.

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:50 am

That should buy a few beers. Not keen on fighting my way thru the hoards of applicants tho. You do it, and I'll give you half.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 am

ZAffer wrote:That should buy a few beers. Not keen on fighting my way thru the hoards of applicants tho. You do it, and I'll give you half.

How about you go to work for me tomorrow and i'll pay you half.

Stew Ingredient

Postby cummy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:10 am

so today i flew on a 777 from SIN/singapore to NRT/tokyo narita. i always have the flight map on. i just love watching the map. well, just after we took off from SIN, the little airplane icon disappeared from the screen. then the airplane icon returned. then the airplane icon disappeared again. i admit that this did freak me out a bit. thank god we did not take a hard left and fly over malaysia. the little airplane icon finally stayed on the screen after about 30 minutes into the flight. spooky!

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 am

cummy wrote:so today i flew on a 777 from SIN/singapore to NRT/tokyo narita. i always have the flight map on. i just love watching the map. well, just after we took off from SIN, the little airplane icon disappeared from the screen. then the airplane icon returned. then the airplane icon disappeared again. i admit that this did freak me out a bit. thank god we did not take a hard left and fly over malaysia. the little airplane icon finally stayed on the screen after about 30 minutes into the flight. spooky!

Ahhhhhhhh!
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:46 am

Finally found a tech PDF yesterday. I would have preferred more detail, but interesting anyway.

site of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 'is in stretch of Indian Ocean that is yet to be searched'

By John Hall
07:40 17 Jun 2014, updated 10:54 17 Jun 2014

Facebook
Twitter
Click to open
Pinterest
Google Plus
Reddit
Stumble Upon
Digg it
LinkedIn
Email
Click to close
shares
comments
Satellite company Inmarsat claims to have pinpointed crash site 'hotspot'
Tracked plane's likely flight path to stretch of the southern Indian Ocean
Search terms were on way to site but left after hearing 'pings' elsewhere
These mysterious signals were investigated but source was never found
The most likely crash site of the missing Malaysian Airlines jet has yet to be searched, a UK satellite company has claimed.

Hourly electronic connections received by telecommunications experts Inmarsat revealed that the Boeing 777 airliner had to have come down in the southern Indian Ocean.

Scientists from the company say they have calculated the plane's most likely flight path to a 'hotspot' on the ocean floor which is some distance from previous search sites.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby THFKATD » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Anybody ever tried to have the satnav (on a mobile phone) on during a flight? Would it be allowed or would tehy use the excuse it is illegal because it "interferes" with the palne's systems
No Allah No Cry

Official Protester

Postby saheli » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Did they find the fucking plane or not

Stew Ingredient

Postby GLimpet » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Sure, but it's the World Cup now.

Stew Ingredient

Postby THFKATD » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:20 pm

saheli wrote:Did they find the fucking plane or not

Turned out to be a hoax, the flight never existed
No Allah No Cry

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:47 am

The Malaysian government has today come out in agreement with what Lost Soul said three months ago- the pilot did it.

Allahu Akbar.

Malaysia’s criminal investigation into the disappearance of flight MH370 has identified the plane’s pilot as its prime suspect, it has been reported.

They revealed that after detectives carried out 170 interviews and profiled all of the 239 people on board the Boeing 777 when it vanished on 8 March, Captain Zaharie Shah was left as the most likely perpetrator if deliberate human action is to blame.

Satellite data provided by the British firm Inmarsat have shown that the jet took a sharp left turn after leaving Malaysian airspace en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. It then followed a long arc deep into the southern Indian Ocean, where it presumably ran out of fuel and crashed.

Investigators have previously refused to “clear” the captain’s flight simulator of suspicious activity, and it now appears they found evidence of routes programmed to take a plane far out into the Indian Ocean and practising landing using a short runway on an island.

In pictures: 13 theories that could explain what happened to MH370

The data from the simulated flights had been deleted, the Times reported, but computer experts were able to retrieve them.

The police probe has also revealed that the 53-year-old captain was unique among those on board the flight for having no recorded commitments, either socially or for work, to take place after the date of the MH370 journey.

This was not in keeping with Zaharie’s usually outgoing and open nature, police said, and in contrast to the activities of his co-pilot, Fariq Hamid, and the rest of the crew.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/mh370-search-pilot-zaharie-shah-named-as-chief-suspect-by-malaysian-investigators-after-plans-for-indian-ocean-flight-found-on-simulator-9554672.html
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:32 am

The Malaysian govt are full of shit. Given how many fuckups and BS info so far, no reason to believe this is any different.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Keep holding out hope that your whacked out theory is real, Saffer.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:32 am

I thought those bloody tracks looked funny.

But he said the team of experts that has been poring over the available information isn't relying on the Malaysian military's primary radar data as a measure of changes in altitude during the passenger jet's mysterious flight on March 8.

Reports that emerged in the early stages of the investigation had suggested the plane may have made dramatic changes in altitude after it turned sharply off its scheduled path from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing.

CNN safety analyst David Soucie says information about altitude changes is important because it directly affects the calculation of the new search area. If the plane did not rise and fall sharply, "it changes the amount of time and the distance that the aircraft could have flown," he said. If the plane did not make sharp changes in altitude, it would have flown farther and moved farther south than the original search area.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:50 am

This one is definitely going down in the books as "how NOT to do it!". AKA "invent a theory and then try and make the facts fit it." (For example, there was never a single mention of Bayesian search technique, that I saw. And I even looked for it!)

When inmarsat released the original tracks, fine. We later found out that they had managed to replicate the technique with flying aircraft. (Which was why the search moved so rapidly to the southern ocean.) Then underwater sonar pings were heard. So the search moved there. Only much later was it revealed that the frequency of the the pings was so different from a black box, it couldn't be that.

The only 2 REAL bits of data were the last radar contact from KL radar, and the sat pings. The rest was all very, very, unreliable. The original inmarsat maps showed this. Somewhere, those maps changed to include 'military radar information.'. Which put the search areas off yet again!

ar, he said.
The ocean floor will be mapped and a search done in a zone as large as 60,000 square kilometers (23,100 square miles) along an arc previously identified from the jet’s satellite communication. Investigators from the U.S., U.K. and Australia and officials from Boeing Co. (BA) and Inmarsat Plc (ISAT) have analyzed satellite and plane data to define an area with the highest probability of finding the missing aircraft after operations were put on hold May 28. The search is the longest in modern aviation history.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 am

Have they ever used this method to determine a search area before Zaffer? Can you even fathom how little information they had/have?
This one is definitely going down in the books as "how NOT to do it!".

How would you do it?

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:51 am

Re-read the thread. Better still, print it out. Then cross out every claim/discovery that was subsequently shown to be BS. A much shorter thread will result. Read again, assessing what is credible, and what is not. You may use the internet for furthur research. Maybe you'll learn something, but I hae me doots.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:00 am

No thanks, my printer isn't working. I just wanted to ask you a question based upon your post. You are quite opinionated about all the methods used thus far, so tell us what your method would involve?

Stew Ingredient

Payne Stewart Scenario

Postby WhosieWho » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:28 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/world ... t-370.html
"The missing Malaysia Airlines jet appears to have been on autopilot as it flew south across the Indian Ocean until running out of fuel, and the likeliest scenario is that the crew of Flight 370 was unresponsive, possibly suffering from the effects of oxygen deprivation, Australian officials said Thursday in announcing a new deep-sea search for the aircraft.

A report issued by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, outlining how the new search zone had been chosen, said the most likely scenario as the Boeing 777-200 headed south across the Indian Ocean on March 8 was that the crew was suffering from hypoxia or was unresponsive for another reason.

Hypoxia occurs when a plane loses air pressure and the pilots, lacking adequate oxygen, become confused and incapable of performing even basic manual tasks."
11/9/2016: National Hangover Day.

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:08 pm

That provides a very, very plausible reason why the pilots didn't do anything. They couldn't. In that, or a similar report, it says the pilots SHOULD have had about an hour of air. With masks. All I could find (before) was 15-20 minutes. Not that it makes much difference. There was an italian (?) Aircraft that crashed for the same reason.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:17 am

ZAffer wrote:That provides a very, very plausible reason why the pilots didn't do anything. They couldn't. In that, or a similar report, it says the pilots SHOULD have had about an hour of air. With masks. All I could find (before) was 15-20 minutes. Not that it makes much difference. There was an italian (?) Aircraft that crashed for the same reason.

So your ironclad theory about the fire on board has finally been abandoned by you?

And now you're ramping up with the latest explanation?

Fascinating.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:33 am

Enjoy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayesian_search_theory

It's not an "ironclad theory". It's A (cap A) theory.

I still believe it's a mechanical malfunction, not pilot action.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby rider5 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:02 am

Even in this day and age with all the eyes in the sky and constant radio wave surveillance there are parts of the planet where important things can completely disappear.

I'm sort of surprised. I thought we were completely dominating this planet.

Instigator

Postby cuchulainn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Sheep Dip has the same mad editing skillz as Qreepy.

Stew Ingredient

Postby FUUZ » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Idea: the evil, inimical,--or friendly, altruistic--Alien Space Bats needed fresh breeding stock, so they simply took the plane or at least the people on it.
As I wander and chunder, I ponder and wonder.
I'm Slumming in Bedlam. Amuse me.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Kilombo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Lost Soul wrote:The Malaysian government has today come out in agreement with what Lost Soul said three months ago- the pilot did it.

Allahu Akbar.

Malaysia’s criminal investigation into the disappearance of flight MH370 has identified the plane’s pilot as its prime suspect, it has been reported.

They revealed that after detectives carried out 170 interviews and profiled all of the 239 people on board the Boeing 777 when it vanished on 8 March, Captain Zaharie Shah was left as the most likely perpetrator if deliberate human action is to blame.

Satellite data provided by the British firm Inmarsat have shown that the jet took a sharp left turn after leaving Malaysian airspace en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. It then followed a long arc deep into the southern Indian Ocean, where it presumably ran out of fuel and crashed.

Investigators have previously refused to “clear” the captain’s flight simulator of suspicious activity, and it now appears they found evidence of routes programmed to take a plane far out into the Indian Ocean and practising landing using a short runway on an island.

In pictures: 13 theories that could explain what happened to MH370

The data from the simulated flights had been deleted, the Times reported, but computer experts were able to retrieve them.

The police probe has also revealed that the 53-year-old captain was unique among those on board the flight for having no recorded commitments, either socially or for work, to take place after the date of the MH370 journey.

This was not in keeping with Zaharie’s usually outgoing and open nature, police said, and in contrast to the activities of his co-pilot, Fariq Hamid, and the rest of the crew.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/mh370-search-pilot-zaharie-shah-named-as-chief-suspect-by-malaysian-investigators-after-plans-for-indian-ocean-flight-found-on-simulator-9554672.html

i wouldn´t believe anything coming from the malayasian government.
Prost!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:15 am

i wouldn´t believe anything coming from the malayasian government.

That's a fair point, Kilombo.

But remember, they're agreeing with me, finally, after three months. And I believe in me.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:48 am

A "FACT" or speculation that is almost CERTAINLY wrong!

Daily Mail - 3 hours ago
Passengers and crew of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight most likely died from suffocation as the plane coasted into the ocean on autopilot, Australian officials have said.

Fuel tank in each wing for each engine. One of of them would have gone out first, resulting in the other one thrusting, so it would probably flip on it's side, and fall into the sea.

If at 30 k feet, not much big wreckage left.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:15 am

Why is it almost CERTAINLY wrong Zaffer, or are you saying that tongue in cheek?

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:23 am

Andy-your comprehension and reasoning skills are appallingly bad. I'll try it in baby-talk. Plane flying straight and level. Switch off one engine. What happens?

"the plane coasted into the ocean on autopilot"
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:35 am

No my reading and comprehension skills are fine Zaffer, although my printer is still not working. So you've gone off the fire/pilot took the aircraft up to extinguish it/pilot took the aircraft up to altitude to knock out everyone whilst he was locked in the cockpit theories?

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:24 am

Jesus fucking Chris, you're a fucking moron.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Andy, I think Saffer has finally reached the lashing out altitude.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:02 pm

Lost Soul wrote:Andy, I think Saffer has finally reached the lashing out altitude.

Only at this fucking lazy, bigoted tool. It's bloody obvious to me that he doesn't read some posts, so asks the same questions again. And again. He's also incapable of following a brief series of posts and drawing a POSSIBLE, reasonable scenario. In other words, he wants to be spoonfed information like a child. And this (bigoted) cunt thinks he can teach CRM? What a fraud. You see, I do at least pay him the curtesy of reading his posts.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:55 pm

If you say so Zaffer, although your comments in this thread don't do you any favours.

Stew Ingredient

Postby rider5 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:02 pm

I still don't know what zaff's prediction is outside of a battery fire. And that got pretty much shot down in flames.

Was there something else?

Stew Ingredient

Postby spampants » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:24 pm

This mystery is the new JFK assassination for loony conspiracy theorists.
"Love is our greatest teacher." -moethebartender

"Spampants are right and I was wrong." -VinnyD

"a seriot pin sfdi poiw cIw;eE gjJirol" -polardude

"Fuck you." -pezworld

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Zaffer's pissed at me for some reason. Teaching CRM and Aviation Human Factors whilst in Saudi seems to have touched a nerve with him, not sure why.

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:17 am

"Right class: today we are going to learn something about CRM. The first really important thing to know is that anybody not White is way more susceptible to CRM."

Clear?
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:29 am

Who said that Zaffer?

Stew Ingredient

Postby ZAffer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:28 am

You did. Someone else thought so too.

And in some cultures of the world, as Andy as cogently drawn attention to, the CRM, even when taught/trained, is not always good. It takes more than a few course modules to shift the ingrained attitudes and cultural mores that have existed for generations. But these same cultures get the same tech as the rest of us. And they are motivated by at least the same competitive drive.
sce to aux

Stew Ingredient

Postby andybox » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:57 am

Guess what Zaffer, I didn't say what you claimed. Go back and read it again. CRM on a flight deck is taught to provide leadership and team working skills, and some cultures (and individuals) are generally loathe to speak up to authoritative figures; authoritative figures in this instance being the guy sitting in the left hand seat. A good pilot/crew member will rely upon all available experience, and listen and act upon (if deemed correct) alternate courses of action. If the co-pilot/engineer/cabin crew member won't speak up in an emergency, the whole system will crash and burn quite rapidly. Aviation Human Factors is concerned with the ergonomic layout of the cabin/cockpit/maintenance facility, and teaches the importance of effective communication amongst aviation personnel, design of things such as warning lights (colour and sound), the shape and position of control levers, and the importance of fatigue management. Both subjects aren't rocket science, and all major airlines have stringent CRM and H-F training regimes. Some airlines, however, bypass this training, or as was the case in Saudi, the students on occasion just got up and walked out, Saudi military especially. They didn't like hearing that other lower ranking officers might have more experience than they do. But you know all this, and ran with the "Andy reckons non white pilots are more prone to fucking up" line because you were pissed at me for some reason. If you ever decide to fly in a multi crew aircraft, please let me know so I can avoid your flight. You're a prime example of CRM failure; someone who won't listen and thinks he is the be all and end all on whatever subject is being discussed. Pilots with your attitude have killed many many people. I'm not sure what ticked you off, but your abuse is getting a bit tiresome. For someone who openly calls his employees "slaves", to call someone a bigot is a bit rich, don't you think?

PreviousNext

Return to Famous Dishes