Ha, I got banned

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

Ha, I got banned

Postby eric84 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Well, that was kinda funny. I apparently revealed some super secret information (no not really) so I amended the post to take an identifying info. It was then subsequently torched and I got banned. Mistifying

Stew Ingredient

Re: Ha, I got banned

Postby Lost Soul » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Like I've said, I like this batch of mods.

Mutha should give them a raise.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Stew Ingredient

Postby defenestrator » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

How can you still post if you got banned?
My motto's always been "when it's right it's right."

Postby eric84 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Must have been a one or two day one. Couldn't log in yesterday. Pretty flimsy reasoning
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Postby eric84 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Boy, modding can be quick around here when it wants to
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 pm

about time
Postby Citizen Baba » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 pm
"I got a bad case of giardia in Burma too. Shit my hotel bed in Bangkok"

special sauce

Postby justinian » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:31 pm

How many have you sagged, Eric?
The HOFF, people! Knight Fuckin' RIDER right in the reclining chair section!! -- nettie

Postby eric84 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:35 pm

I can't say. It's apparently a state secret. Meet me in back alley and I'll write it down on a piece of paper. Be sure to burn it immediately

Postby eric84 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 pm

So will the mod who took this action have the stones to explain this decision?

Kind of amazing that Felix can talk about godjira raping his students and Moe taking a crack at Candy's deceased father that I get banned for a Trivial matter

Stew Ingredient

Postby bojangles » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Moe is indirect. That's OK.
Don't bother with the future. Stay here with us.

And about the gassing thing-is that how your father ended it, head in the oven and all that or was it a hosepipe into the car?

stewpid colonial

Postby jono_in_adelaide » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:41 pm

Eric, its because you're an unserious war criminal and stalkerhound
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Postby eric84 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:49 pm

I don't get why you can't provide a serious reply and be accountable for what you do here. It's not much to ask for

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:53 pm

I don't get why you can't provide a serious reply and be accountable for what you do here. It's not much to ask for

Kind of hard when the tables have been turned on you.

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:58 pm

eric84 wrote:I don't get why you can't provide a serious reply and be accountable for what you do here. It's not much to ask for

How many times did hear this when you were a mod?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 am

I responded whenever anyone asked. You're free to review those exchanges here. Say what you will about me, but I didn't hide from any decision I made

Queen Bee

Postby northern_goddess » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:16 am

I don't understand what you want to know. You already explained why you got a time-out.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:21 am

I described the events leading up to it. Didn't mke sense why I would get banned if I heeded their warning not to directly identify a poster

Stew Ingredient

Postby bojangles » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 am

Hang on.
We shouldn't refer to previous bannings by name?

And about the gassing thing-is that how your father ended it, head in the oven and all that or was it a hosepipe into the car?

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:35 am

I'm allowed to refer to previous bannings, no. Seemed a pretty harsh and unprecedented

Stew Ingredient

Postby bojangles » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:45 am

Is it a special Eric rule, or does it apply to everybody?

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:46 am

We have always shied away from publicly announcing bannings and reasons why. That's between the mods and the poster in question, the goal being to encourage them to not misbehave anymore. We didn't tell the board that you were banned for a day, let alone why. But as a former mod you should know what not to do. So because you asked publicly and seem to want to stir the pot in this thread, here's why action was taken and what you should learn from it:

- If your post gets sagged, don't double down and post exactly the same thing again. You know better than that. Then don't post it a third time, slightly sanitized, after we warned you and deleted the second post.

- Even though you're not a mod, you were revealing non-public information about past board actions against another poster. Are you "allowed" to do that? Well, we didn't publicize it for a reason so it's not cool for you to use it to score your own brownie points against a poster you clearly don't like.

- That poster wasn't even mentioned in the thread until you mentioned him and how many times the mods had taken action against him.

So... you used normally private information you gleaned as a mod specifically to feud with another poster in an unrelated post. And you got a time-out for doing so.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Stew Ingredient

Postby Annotated » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:06 am

This thread has Potential.
Fuck the Founding Fathers. There's a new daddy in town!

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am

I 'slightly santized' the post? I did it to address your specific objection to ensure that this wasn't intended to attack another poster but to provide needed information to another poster about warnings and how it may or may not lead to bannings......and yet you still deleted it and the banned me.

Your actions look completely arbitrary and suggests you did to me for other reasons. In your words, not cool

red fanged She-devil

Postby incognita » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:16 am

Oh stuff it Eric. You know that reposting after something has been removed has always been a cause for a ban.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:19 am

There's no need for you to teach any lessons to anyone based on the non-public knowledge you gleaned while you were a moderator.

Anyway, your time-out is done and you've learned the reasons why, as requested, so I assume you have the information you need going forward. That's what short time-outs are for.

FWIW *I* didn't pull the trigger but several of us agreed.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 am

incognita wrote:Oh stuff it Eric. You know that reposting after something has been removed has always been a cause for a ban.

I changed the post to address the objection from pez. Why would that be grounds for banning?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Bill Barilko » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 am

pezworld wrote:.. you used normally private information you gleaned as a mod specifically to feud with another poster in an unrelated post.....

Yes that sound much like Ereich's SOP-backstabbing little creep.

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:08 am

pezworld wrote:There's no need for you to teach any lessons to anyone based on the non-public knowledge you gleaned while you were a moderator.

Anyway, your time-out is done and you've learned the reasons why, as requested, so I assume you have the information you need going forward. That's what short time-outs are for.

Ah, so you didn't know the circumstances of the banning but agreed with it. Alright then. Maybe the mod in question will own up to it and explain his reasoning

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:12 am

Eric
Alright then. Maybe the mod in question will own up to it and explain his reasoning

precious!

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:16 am

I look forward to mentions of the Daejn the lying cunt incident to cause pruning and bannings too

Admin's Concubine

Postby pezworld » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 am

I know the circumstances and agreed with it.

It's funny that you've turned into such a rebel, as evidenced by your gleeful OP title, "Ha, I got banned". And at the same time you want me to recount every rule and ordinance that led to your one-day time out.

Let me simplify. You posted something. We deleted it. You reposted. Twice. The obvious next best way for us to stop you reposting the same thing over and over when we've told you not to is to temporarily remove your ability to post with a time-out.

We've done this before to others, while you were a mod. You shouldn't be surprised.

Just accept it - and anyway, the time-out is over.

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:45 am

You keep avoiding the fact that I changed the post in question to address the objection to which makes the decision to ban me so puzzling. It's in the funeral home, so why don't you review it and tell me what you object to.

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:38 am

bojangles wrote:Is it a special Eric rule, or does it apply to everybody?

Thoughtpolice revealed mod decisions which led to his Daejn the lying cunt meme. IHSS revealed troll handle identities.

I can only reasonably conclude that this was a made up rule applied only to me

Stew Ingredient

Postby kirrabi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 am

Shiny is a mod?
His gizzard was stuffed so full of rubies he sounded like a bag of marbles when he waddled past the Mogok checkpoint and anyone who saw him would swear he had been force fed for the purpose of making a fine foie gras. – A passage from Legends of the Duck

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 am

Was

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:32 am

I can only reasonably conclude that this was a made up rule applied only to me

victim

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 am

Polar's excited about something apparently

Scratty Peasant

Postby Geece » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:05 am

Time to lock this thread. I love it when a mod does that.

Stew Ingredient

Postby GatoPingado » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:34 am

This thread makes me hard.
Navy Seals!

Stew Ingredient

Postby Logg » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Before I was Logg, I was Hogg. Hogg got banned for reposting something twice after it was summarily deleted.

Ereich was the mod that summarily deleted and then banned Hogg.

I can't even remember the contents of the zapped post, but I felt like there was no valid reason to delete it, which is why I reposted it twice.

It was never explained to me why it was deleted, and I'm sure there was no good reason, it was just ereich feuderating. I never received a warning either. The thread just kept disappearing, so I kept reposting. Rest assured, it wasn't the kind of post where personal or privileged details were revealed, it was probably a political op-ed.

But, when a mod makes a decision and you challenge it like that, you get gassed. Of course, I never had this problem with other mods. Other mods would have had better judgment about what to zap and what not to zap, and other mods probably would have warned me before liquidating me.

But with ereich, it was all feuderating, and thus, Hogg was summarilly liquidated, no warnings, no explanations, no 'one day timeout', and over something that was probably a pretty trivial OP.

It's rare that perpetrators experience such perfect justice so quickly, although a one-day timeout is merciful, compared to what this power-abuser would do to others for the same.

You take away the moderator part of feuderator, and you're left with a feuder.

Making him a moderator was like making George Zimmerman a neighborhood watch guy. "He may have some domestic abuse issues on his record, but that's no reason he can't also be a fair neighborhood watchman."

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Logg
You take away the moderator part of feuderator, and you're left with a feuder.

A petty fueder at that.

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 pm

[quote="Logg"] I can't even remember the contents of the zapped post, but I felt like there was no valid reason to delete it,[quote]

There ya go.

Postby eric84 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:39 pm

So, who did and why given the action I took to be in compliance with this new rule?

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:44 pm

This is beginnnig to taste like a good aging Manitoba whine. It's a red whine (looking for blood) and leaves one with a bitter taste

Stew Ingredient

Postby GatoPingado » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Internet Gold. 'reich gets pwned, publicly squeals like stuck pig.
Navy Seals!

Stew Ingredient

Postby coffeeguy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Only one possible solution here. Restore eReich's rightful place as a mod!

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Only one possible solution here. Restore eReich's rightful place as a mod!

As soon as Morsi is restored to power in Egypt

Stew Ingredient

Postby GatoPingado » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:23 pm

I really can't describe how soft and squishy on the inside this thread makes me feel.
Navy Seals!

Stew Ingredient

Postby bojangles » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Mum, mum, he said 'gassed' mum.

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:50 pm

bojangles
Mum, mum, he said 'gassed' mum.

Someone calll doctor, the man is having a stroke

Next

Return to Famous Dishes