US law recognizes Jerusalem...

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

Mayor McCheese

Re: US law recognizes Jerusalem...

Postby Citizen Baba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am

Shouldn't we also end the collective fiction that Taiwan isn't an independent country?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Argonheart_Po » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:29 am

Why is everyone worried about a violent backlash over Trump moving the embassy to Jeruslam?

We all know Islam is a religion of peace.

Stew Ingredient

Postby GayTurk_Izmir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 am

mishmish wrote: Arab-style trash talk

So you believe that the international troubles,terrorist acts all over the western world ,wars in the Middle East are all results of the Arab style trash talk ?
interesting political insights you have...
One can’t go to pieces at the death of every foreigner. We’d all be in a constant state of collapse whenever we opened a newspaper.”Maggie Smith(Downton Abbey)

Stew Ingredient

Postby jedgarandclyde » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 am

'Everyone' is worried because of the end result, the loss of life.

The act in itself is largely ceremonial, but it does raise tensions no end in the region, and in any body's sane mind the area does not need that.
No signature for you!

Stew Ingredient

Postby TheDevil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:05 am

Citizen Baba wrote:Shouldn't we also end the collective fiction that Taiwan isn't an independent country?

If Trump has any guts he formally recognizes them

And whilst we're on it Macedonia should not be call FYROM anymore
الإله ليس عظيما

Stew Ingredient

Postby mishmish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:00 pm

GayTurk_Izmir wrote:
mishmish wrote: Arab-style trash talk

So you believe that the international troubles,terrorist acts all over the western world ,wars in the Middle East are all results of the Arab style trash talk ?
interesting political insights you have...

Oh sure. Uh huh. I am dazzled by their display of power and wrath. Everyone is!! :roll: Have you not noticed that terrorists are being hunted down like vermin in places with far superior means and abilities while maintaining their way of life just fine thank you very much (the western world), while places that harbor accept, encourage and admire such behavior are in fact crumbling hell holes or getting there fast (the Middle East)? You tell me who is 'winning'.

Allow me to reframe this language you can understand: You know those people who chose to ('somebody made them do it!) party with suicide belts, butcher knives, car bombs, etc.? They will be hunted down and shown no mercy. Their families will be hunted down. Their property will be confiscated and their homes destroyed. All that they hold dear will suffer to the max. If you don't believe me I recommend you refer back to recent history. I do realize that this will not make anyone of that nature reconsider the true importance of the location of embassies, however, there is no need for them to understand. They need to be very afraid.

See grasshopper, now that's trash talk.

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm

"Their families will be hunted down".

And there you have it.
I want my fucking money back.
The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Allow me to reframe this language you can understand: You know those people who chose to ('somebody made them do it!) party with suicide belts, butcher knives, car bombs, etc.? They will be hunted down and shown no mercy. Their families will be hunted down. Their property will be confiscated and their homes destroyed. All that they hold dear will suffer to the max. If you don't believe me I recommend you refer back to recent history. I do realize that this will not make anyone of that nature reconsider the true importance of the location of embassies, however, there is no need for them to understand. They need to be very afraid.

See grasshopper, now that's trash talk.

Well there was one poster who viewed suicide bombers as legitimate combatants. I think one remains. Hi handle used to be known as Candy. I juts hope that those days do not return within Israel

GT
Well thankfully Arab state trash talk against each other is worse than trash talk against Israel
Germany bans foreign media, temporarily
Postby Flobster » Mar 5th, 1933 7:52 am

Germany has banned foreign-produced media programmes for a month before its elections.

Seems like a good idea.

Stew Ingredient

Postby TheDevil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Palestinian attacked jewish restaurant in Amsterdam. https://www.infowars.com/video-crazed-m ... nian-flag/
الإله ليس عظيما

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

I have never said that suicide bombing is legitimate, you congenital liar. It is, however, no less legitimate than an air strike on a school or hospital.

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

I have never said that suicide bombing is legitimate, you congenital liar. It is, however, no less legitimate than an air strike on a school or hospital.

Has Israel every intentionally targeted schools or hospitals. Curious about your answer

Germany has banned foreign-produced media programmes for a month before its elections.

Seems like a good idea.

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Yes

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:05 pm

you think? You go by one version of events without the knowledge that Hamas and Hezbollah often hide their weapons among civilians?

Seems like a good idea.

Stew Ingredient

Postby mishmish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Yes, well, it was stupid idea, much much easier to continue to pretend that the Knesset is actually not the seat of Israeli government and Arab Israelis actually are ethnic backwater-Ottoman-empire nationalists with the wherewithall to manage more than a kitchen garden, etc. etc. I vote for the easier way, but the orange creature has to have his little show.

Plenty of demonstrations going on here as well. OMG. What should be done about dissent? Let me see... we could try Erdogan's method - disappear all the naysayers and squelch the press. Or maybe emulate the great Arab traditions of Iraq and Syria and just kill everyone (including bombing hospitals, civilians and whatnot, of course - it's all in the name of Justice!). Or perhaps try Lebanon's system - we could invite the Hizbollah to 'coexist' with the local government! So many choices...

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:37 pm

I would consult DC Comic.

Israelis are not withdrawing from Jerusalem and everyone knows where the seat of government is, but I found the timing of the announcement ill conceived

Seems like a good idea.

Stew Ingredient

Postby strife » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:51 pm

As someone noted earlier, only crazies like DCComic and Annotated care about this.
I don't want no Commies in my car. No Christians, either.

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:53 pm

DC Comic does have a final solutuion

Seems like a good idea.

Stew Ingredient

Postby mishmish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:05 pm

I can't imagine when good timing would be. It's all symbol and no substance, it's not like anything will come of this except a change of address, maybe, yet people are going to get hurt. Hopefully the demonstrations will not get crazier. About 20 people reported injured as of now. The IDF are still using rubber bullets out there so I guess no explosives and such. I have to go to Jerusalem tomorrow. oh joy.

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Though I don't 'care', beyond the quip about hunting people's relatives down, it's interesting to note that dissent is dismissed as madness.

Welcome to Trumpland

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

I have to go to Jerusalem tomorrow. oh joy

would be cereful with the Old City, but I'm sure W Jerusalem will be fine

Seems like a good idea.

Stew Ingredient

Postby mishmish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:35 pm

heyyy I care.

And Erdoan cares toooo!! He says we are big meanies and breaking international law!! War criminals!! It's terrible!!

DCComic wrote:it's interesting to note that dissent is dismissed as madness.

??Dissent is definitely madness if you take your cues from most Middle Eastern countries. In fact it will get you disappeared, chop chop. Unlike in Israel.

You know what else is madness? To threaten death and destruction over a change of an embassy address when you know perfectly well that no such death and destruction is going to result in Palestinian government of Jerusalem. BTW, you do know the difference between dissent and death and destruction, right? Perhaps I assume too much.

Stew Ingredient

Postby GayTurk_Izmir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 pm

polardude1 wrote:Hamas and Hezbollah often hide their weapons among civilians?

we in Turkey also say the same for the PKK and the Kurdish terrorist groups but nobody believes us.Ironic,yes ? but if Israel says so than it must be correct.
One can’t go to pieces at the death of every foreigner. We’d all be in a constant state of collapse whenever we opened a newspaper.”Maggie Smith(Downton Abbey)

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:11 pm

we in Turkey also say the same for the PKK and the Kurdish terrorist groups but nobody believes us.Ironic,yes ? but if Israel says so than it must be correct

The only difference, it's been substantiated by 3rd party sources. It is the MO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... b7f46571fb

The United Nations has found troves of rockets hidden in three of its schools since the conflict began. “We condemn the group or groups who endangered civilians by placing these munitions in our school,” Chris Gunness, spokesman for the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, said in statement published Wednesday by the Times of Israel. “This is yet another flagrant violation of the neutrality of our premises. We call on all the warring parties to respect the inviolability of U.N. property.”

Earlier this month, the United Nations also found rockets piled inside one of its vacant schools — near other schools used to accommodate displaced people.

The international organization also found 20 additional rockets at another of its schools during an inspection, calling it one more “flagrant violation of the inviolability” of the premises

Post’s William Booth saw a “group of men” at a mosque in northern Gaza. They said they had returned to clean up glass from shattered windows. “But they could be seen moving small rockets into the mosque,” Booth wrote. He also reported that Shifa Hospital in Gaza City had “become a de facto headquarters for Hamas leaders, who can be seen in the hallways and offices.”

Wall Street Journal reporter Nick Casey tweeted an image of a Hamas spokesman giving an interview at a Gaza hospital. With the shelling, “You have to wonder … how patients at Shifa hospital feel as Hamas uses it as a safe place to see media.” The tweet was later deleted.

According to longtime Middle East analyst Matthew Levitt, Hamas has long planted weapons in areas inhabited by vulnerable residents. “It happens in schools,” he wrote in Middle East Quarterly. “Hamas has buried caches of arms and explosives under its own kindergarten playgrounds,” referencing a 2001 State Department report that said a Hamas leader was arrested after “additional explosives in a Gaza kindergarten” were discovered.

Seems like a good idea.

Postby eric84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Clean up on aisle 3, mods.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Idiot.
Not quite brazen enough to deny what you did, are you?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Lost Soul » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:58 pm

eric84 wrote:Clean up on aisle 3, mods.

Ereich can still taste the power.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Postby eric84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Lost Soul wrote:

Oh, I don't miss when you or Felix have a bad mental health day.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Stew Ingredient

Postby strife » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:08 pm

eric84 wrote:
Lost Soul wrote:

Oh, I don't miss when you or Felix have a bad mental health day.

How do you feel about Petula's bad days (all of them)? He needs you to Hold Him.

Postby eric84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

You're the one instigating this fight in a politics thread, Fargovian. Go do it somewhere else.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Capitolhill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Stop being a narc, eric.
Hi eric!

Postby eric84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Wagon circling for derailing threads!

Postby eric84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Wagon circling for derailing threads!

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Poor little guy's a bit under the weather. Hope he doesn't have anybody handy to take it out on.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Homerj » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:Shouldn't we also end the collective fiction that Taiwan isn't an independent country?

Excellent fucking point!
I'm going to the back seat of my car, with the woman I love, and I won't be back for ten minutes!

Stew Ingredient

Postby strife » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Cool thread. DCComic isn't gassing any minorities as long as we tie him up here.

Stew Ingredient

Postby polardude1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
Shouldn't we also end the collective fiction that Taiwan isn't an independent country?

Just like Jerusalem as Israel's capital, it's one of those unspoken truths. I'm thinking it should stay that way
Last edited by polardude1 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seems like a good idea.

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Good.
Now punch the wall, wimper softly and find a bar. Maybe there's a sadsack barfly who'll pretend to listen for a couple of drinks.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Candy wrote:"You upset me in 2005 so I'm going to stab your wife".
Utterly unhinged.

So Candy, when you set up a website using Felix's real name, what was the purpose? What was your justification? Have you considered that you're not entirely well mentally? When you stalked me and threatened Polar, why did you do it?
American Joe wrote:Did I ever tell you about the time I ate human flesh?

Flobster! wrote:I don't have any particular ethical objection to eating people per se.

Postby eric84 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:48 pm

polardude1 wrote:
Citizen Baba wrote:

Just like Jerusalem as Israel's capital, it's one of those unspoken truths. I'm thinking it should stay that way

China and Taiwan will need to sort it out amongst themselves.

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Ah moe.
Another fantasist.

How, and why, would anybody bother to pay you any attention?

Stew Ingredient

Postby Moethebartender » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Candy wrote:Ah moe.
Another fantasist.

How, and why, would anybody bother to pay you any attention?

I'm not sure why you felt the need to stalk me, threaten polar and tried to fuck with Felix's life. I suspect it's mostly just down to you being a fucking lunatic. Hope your life is going as horribly as you deserve, you stupid cunticle.
American Joe wrote:Did I ever tell you about the time I ate human flesh?

Flobster! wrote:I don't have any particular ethical objection to eating people per se.

Stew Ingredient

Postby Logg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 pm

strife wrote:As someone noted earlier, only crazies like DCComic...care about this.

Valid observation. He generally reacts when Jews get uppity. I was reminded of this recently.

Does the Palestinian Authority still maintain that there is no Jewish historical presence in Jerusalem? IE that there was no Temple and no kingdom?

Also, for Muslims, what is the fourth holiest site in Islam?

For non-Muslims, what is the third holiest site in your religion?

Stew Ingredient

Postby DCComic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Nobody gives you a second thought when you're not here you daft twat. You crave attention and never get it.

Previous

Return to Talk Politics, why don't you?